Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm so sad. I did not like how sad that episode made me

Jake W and PatRFinley like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I have a theory. If the good place is like "heaven" and the bad place is "hell", then the medium place could be more like purgatory - or a place for a human to better themselves before being accepted into the good place.

I think the experiment succeeds, and the judge effectively keeps Michael and friends in the medium place to enjoy their own version of a good place while helping humans better themselves going forward.

I've only seen half the finale though because my DVR got fucked up last night so need to finish that tonight now that it's on Hulu lol.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tahani's arch nemesis basically being Perez Hilton was perfect

6. Blink182Bouncer Jan 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I legitimately think Chidi erasing his memory was a dumb move.

Like yeah, you don't like seeing your ex, but everyone is gonna have to deal with that negative bullshirt in this season.

Also, idk why Ellanor is acting like she can't just tell Chidi everything. Like they've had their memory erased hundreds of times, and he literally just died, so i doubt he's gonna be skeptical.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I was actually thinking that too, I don't think they really justified Chidi's decision very well. And yeah why couldn't they just get him back up to speed but leave the part about him dating the girl out?

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Wow I’m not ok with all of the things I’m feeling after watching this.

Even though we have no big cliffhanger this time I think they still set a few potential bombs up for the next season premiere with two more people still left to be introduced into the neighborhood (Maybe Eleanor’s mom and either pillboi or donkey doug since he died?) and evil Michael as a lurking issue.

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Chidi needed his memory erased so he doesn’t blow their cover, ruining the experiment and getting sent to the bad place to be tortured for all eternity, not cuz he didn’t want to see his ex

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

If its just about him not blowing their cover then it doesn’t make sense because one of the others will likely blow it when interacting with Chidi. It would have made more sense to reset all four of them again for this test. That’s a retread of earlier seasons but it feels like this is a retread anyways.

Funny episode though.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Honestly it just doesn’t make sense for the Judge to have allowed such a blatant sabatoge of an experiment. Like this is a big deal and really matters, it doesn’t really seem to fit her character to allow that.

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love Maya Rudolph

13. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Maya's character is easily my favorite on this show outside of the main cast

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I didn’t love that finale, and it certainly didn’t feel worth waiting weeks for with the hiatus. Wasn’t very funny, which is fine but the stake changes are starting to get stale. They unerased Eleanor’s memory this year, so there’s no reason for them not to be able to do it again, especially if they want to maintain the show’s group dynamic.

Overall there were a few of the show’s best episodes this year, but it was the weakest of the three seasons.

15. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Idk I think allowing The Bad Place to get away with picking people they knew feels very on brand for the judge. It didn’t break the rules she originally set, so I don’t see why she’d go back on the original rules.

Also, in regards to Chidi, there’s a ton of people in this new “Good Place”, the likelihood of Tahani or Jason (the ones that I think are most likely to mess up their cover) interacting with him for long periods of time seem unlikely. Chidi was the one who had to interact with the new people the most so it makes sense why he would need to be wiped.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The logic of that decision can be argued all day but the more I think about it the more I’m rolling my eyes at resetting being used again and again.

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Remember when Chidi saw the time knife ?

Anthony_, CarpetElf, alina and 2 others like this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh fork I just finally watched last week’s episode in preparation for tonight’s new episode and I am now realizing it was the finale!!!

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah it actually didn't really feel like a finale, it would have made total sense for the episode before to be the finale and the last one to be the next season premiere

PatRFinley and ramomcferno like this.
  20. Binged the three seasons this week. This is fantastic and creative... and weird in a good way. Nicely filling the void left by Community and The Last Man On Earth for me.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I gotta pour one out for Last Man on Earth. Such a fantastic show that got cut short in such a lame way. His ideas for the next season sounded hilarious :(

22. Anthony_ Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Last Man on Earth got such a raw deal. How nobody picked that thing up will always mystify me. Feel like it would have done so well on a streaming service like Hulu or Netflix.

I had this theory that Forte and co. might have pitched it as getting picked up for a final season, and nobody wanted to pick it up just so they could finish the show. It's probably completely wrong but idk, it's what I've thought for a while now.

23. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I wonder how much longer this show will last. Obviously everyone who sees it loves it, and the ratings seem to be solid. But from a narrative/story standpoint, i think shows like this tend to benefit from having fewer seasons than more (The Leftovers vs. Lost). Of course, three seasons in and it’s been a beautiful show, so i trust the writers.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's already becoming annoying and repeating itself ad nauseam. They should end it next season.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kristen said Mike had an end plan in mind but I don't know for exactly when