Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

fork yes

PatRFinley likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

For some reason I had been under the impression that it was already renewed but dope news nonetheless

3. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

So this show does well in the ratings then? I didn’t know that

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Does decent in the ratings but apparently it does really well on streaming

incognitojones likes this.
  5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Gotta imagine the critical reception has to help a bit as well

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What even is cable

irthesteve and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

something for old people and one percenters

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still cable because I don't really know where to start with all the millions of streaming services

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't get what this show has to do with cable

10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Hulu for tv shows is all you need to know. It adds new eps of shows the day after they air. Also if you have cable you should be able to use that login to stream on any channel's website, which usually keeps up at least the most recent season of a show (like this one). Premium channels like HBO will have literally all of their original content ever on their sites

11. irthesteve

I guess for me right now, I don't really know why I would leave cable. I don't have to wait til the day after shows air, I don't need to log into a website to watch anything, I dunno...

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I wonder if this gets more than 4-5 seasons, just based on how hard and fast the plot moves.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

I’ve only seen the first two seasons, but Im curious if they have some sort of end goal in terms of story

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I know Michael Schur said they had no plans for them to go to Earth originally which is why they had to come up with a reason for Chidi speaking English irl all of a sudden, so I'm not sure how much of a plan they really have

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

How much are you paying for cable

16. irthesteve

Hard to say because it's packaged with our internet. The issue is we watched a lot of CBS reality, FX and then various other things. That's a lot of different packages I think

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I pay for Hulu, Netflix, and Prime. Hulu is definitely the primary at this point since I can watch The Good Place, B99, and Cash Cab. Anything I can't find on those, I just torrent.

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

This was like the ONLY network show to get the Golden Globes nomination. haha

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And totally deserving. It's definitely the only traditional network sitcom I watch as it airs.

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I never really use cable, but it was cheaper for me to get a bundle than internet-only unless I wanted stupid slow speeds, so I do occasionally watch this on DVR when I don't want to wait for Hulu the next day. I have a smart TV though so it's just as convenient for me to stream.

HD cable with DVR and 180mbps download speeds for $100 a month.. I'm pretty happy with it. I miss my "new home" first year discount though lol

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

trying to focus on the fact that this got Golden Globe recognition and not the rest of that atrociously embarrassing list.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Globes are always a mess. The HFPA is weird.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That Cher burp was revolutionary

24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

"I love getting in stuff."

Quality line.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

give D'arcy an Emmy
    I can throw shade now cool
    white people thoughts: Billy Joel, I found it on Etsy, I can't find a parking spot, did you change the Britta filter
    I just thought bitching Janet powers
    Stephen Merchant!
    destination wedding -12000 points, destination themed wedding negative 4000 points
    99% of all new human behaviors are weird sex things
    Walt Disney's got some freaky stuff in his file
    just got 7,000 weird sex thing files in the last second, oh yeah Burning Man just started
    freaking out about everything is my identity not to brag
    no one in The Good Place for 500 years not Jonas Salk, not Harriet Tubman, not one single Golden Girl
    you listed your emergency contact as Britney Spears in a long shot way to meet her, your favorite movie is that clip of John Travolta saying Adele Dazeem

EASheartsVinyl and AWasteOfATime like this.