Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I knew you weren't a soup!

Colby Searcy and Contender like this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I feel pain for Chidi right now. This is stressful.

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

"clog wench"

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Contender

Relax! Feel the breeze on your feet... that’s why crocs have holes in them!”

5. Contender

I'm a Ferrari, and you don't keep a Ferrari in the garage.

incognitojones likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wasn't expecting them to do this in the premiere, although I suppose I should've been. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

the energy this has taken on now that we know it's a full on deceit is fucking incredible. knowing everything we know now, almost everything hits on a couple of levels. what a stroke of brilliance in hitting reset the way they did.

cwhit likes this.
  8. Cody

and like, holy shit, what a weird subversive office comedy this could turn into. i love this show so much.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That was a crazy premiere!! I honestly never in a million years would have expected the second attempt to end so quick, this season is going to be fun

10. Cody

also, I realistically see this hitting diminishing returns anything after a third season, but man am I fucking excited to watch this crew go for awhile

11. Anthony_

Right about the time Eleanor leads a strike of the Bad Place workers against Michael and Shawn or something haha

Colby Searcy and incognitojones like this.
  12. Anthony_

I normally hate hate hate fan theories but I was thinking of an interesting idea: the whole show is Shawn's way of carrying out Michael's eternal torture for his actual failed Bad Place experiment, which took place long before the show begins. He's doomed to repeat his failure over and over and over again for Shawn's amusement.

Of course there's a lot in the show that kind of disproves this idea but it just sort of came to me last night during that final scene.

CarpetElf and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I loved the new episode soooo so much.

Colby Searcy and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Really great start to the season. The shift to primarily being from Micheal's point of view was a sort of obvious but necessary change considering the twist in premise and I enjoyed seeing some more personality and exploration of the employees.I'm fascinated to see where it goes now with the next attempt.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The premiere was perfection.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. abw123

Trusted

This is a great theory.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Oh hey Erwin from Edge of Seventeen

and yeah this show is still forking great

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Great premiere, I'm back on board. The characterization of Real Eleanor is super fun.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Fantastic start to the season

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I thought it was a creatively energetic premiere, but I didn't laugh much.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was laughing at all the set up. It was so much fun to be on the other side of it. I think I laughed the most when Michael sets up the Chidi soulmates situation.

22. Anthony_

It's amazing how the season finale completely changes our perspective on something like that. In season one we just would've assumed it was more of Michael's endearing befuddlement that caused the mixup, whereas now we know it was designed to play on both Chidi's indecisiveness and his personal ethical code to create a situation of immense internal torture.

Brilliant.

Colby Searcy and Contender like this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

Just started this show and I'm surprised how quickly I got into it. It's really fun and quirky and as someone who's worked with kids for a long time, PG cuss words are forking hilarious.

Colby Searcy and irthesteve like this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Finally watched this last night and loved the 2nd half more than the first.

Loved Eleanor's "soulmate" and his hitting the gym

25. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

This just hit UK Netflix this weekend and I binged it all in 2 days. Absolutely loved it. Tehani is amazing. Her celebrity name dropping reminds me of Jenna in 30 Rock. Also it only happens like 3 or 4 times but Elenor's hatred of Bomba John (?) for no reason and the way he smiles after getting dismissed is hilarious.

RyanPm40 likes this.