Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Life Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 18, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

The Good Life is an indie rock band on Saddle Creek records.

Started as a solo project of Cursive's frontman Tim Kasher, The Good Life quickly grew to become its own established group. The original intent of The Good Life was to provide Tim Kasher with a vehicle to perform songs that did not fit stylistically in with his long-running band Cursive. Kasher fronts the group and plays the part of the singer/songwriter. The other members of the band include Stefanie Drootin, Ryan Fox, and Roger Lewis.[1]

outtake from last year's everybody's coming down

2. Inna Selez

Regular

Wonder why they worked so many years on fifth album. Are they splitting for some time?

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Album of the Year is an all-timer for me. May be my favorite Kasher related release to be honest. It's up there with Happy Hollow and The Ugly Organ.

4. bedwettingcosmo

AOTY is my #2 behind ugly organ for sure.

inmates is a song of all time

Ken likes this.
  5. airik625

6. airik625

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Nice

8. airik625

I like "The Modern Mary" more, but still really enjoy this one. Would love to own these two tracks on a 7".

9. wearethedead

missing out

I like both these songs but for some reason I can't get into them as much as anything on Everybody's Coming Down.

Also am I in a minority to think that Black Out is far and away their best album? I like AOTY a lot but it just doesn't hit me the same way, and somehow it feels a little bit too contrived in places. Although musically I think it's great, there are just some lyrical and vocal moments that make me slightly wince. That said, there are some brilliant moments and fantastic songs, it just doesn't add up to affect me the way Black Out does.

Black Out just gels together beautifully as an album, each song works towards the next and I love all the electronic elements. It's probably my all time favourite Tim Kasher album, with the first two Cursive albums just behind.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Black out or novena is my fav

wearethedead likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

album of the year is 15 years old. wtf. what a life affirming record

airik625 likes this.
  12. There's an Album of the Year "sweet 16" anniversary tour getting announced today. Chicago on July 5th at Sleeping Village.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. airik625

Why couldn’t this come to the south damnit.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

didn't know this thread existed! and yeah fuck that tour not hitting the south east :/

would love a new album from them, maybe unlikely considering how prolific cursive has been the last couple of years

airik625 likes this.