Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Girl On The Train (Tate Taylor , October 7th 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Apr 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

based on the best-selling novel
    " a train commuter investigates a mystery revolving around a couple whose house she passes everyday "

starring Emily Blunt , Rebecca Ferguson, Justin Theroux, Lisa Kudrow, Allison Janney, Laura Prepon, Haley Bennett, Luke Evans,Édgar Ramírez

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

In this trailer and the Magnificent Seven one, Haley Bennett reminds me so much of Jennifer Lawrence.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I thought that in the Hardcore Henry trailer too

jkauf likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha that's what I was thinking.

jkauf likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just got finished a couple of weeks ago listening to this on Audible. The book really grew on me the more I listened. This trailer looks really good, and am excited to see how the movie plays out. Feel like the casting is really good. Already liking the tone and way this looks to be shot based off the trailer.

6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Great cast. Minus a movie like the Huntsman, I'll watch anything that Emily Blunt is in. Really like Ferg, too. Haley Bennett seems to be popping up everywhere this year. She could be this year's Alicia Vikander.

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Looks very interesting.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This looks intriguing. What a terrific cast. Haley Bennett is getting her due this year for sure.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

When I was in NYC last November, they were shooting at Grand Central Station and I walked through the set but didn't see Emily Blunt

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looks steamy. I'll see just about anything with Emily Blunt in it. She's a hell of an actress. Justin Thoroux needs more roles.

12. Finished the book today and really enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll have time to catch the movie next weekend.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

People who have read the book: yes or no, does the trailer give away too much? I haven't read the book and want to avoid spoilers.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Definitely going to try and make it to the theater this weekend to watch this

BirdPerson likes this.
  15. I'd hold off on the trailer, especially since the release is only a week away. I don't feel like it's quite as egregiously spoiler-filled as some other big trailers, but you might as well wait if you've made it this far.

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

This looks so good, and Emily Blunt is such a fantastic actress.

Jake Gyllenhaal and airik625 like this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I really hope this is good. I enjoyed the book, generally, although don't really agree with what appears to be the decision to move the setting to the United States (and yet, Emily Blunt is still British? Why?). Don't think it will be as phenomenal as the Gone Girl adaptation, however, considering they don't have David Fincher behind the camera, but I'd love to be surprised.

airik625 likes this.
  18. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

well this was a complete disaster

Cody likes this.
  19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

that bad, eh?

20. EngineDown

hadn't read the book, but my girlfriend that did said it was a disservice to it. i'm unfamiliar with taylor's work but it seemed like he was going for a fincher-esque tone and he kinda bungled it.

21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Welp, looks like I'm reading the book first for sure then.

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

My ex called the book a step down from airport thriller so I'm not surprised to hear this unfortunately

EngineDown likes this.
  23. EngineDown

i would put this a step below what i hope the dinner will be, so that's pretty apt, yeah

24. I saw this tonight, and I have to agree that it was less than I was hoping for. The script could definitely have used some work - a lot of the dialogue, even lines that worked just fine in the book, came across flat on screen. And the supporting characters, Allison Janney's role in particular, could have used some beefing up. I also agree that Taylor was right to aim for a Fincher tone for the movie, but I don't think he pulled it off very well.

25. EngineDown

I actually think janney was one of the few bright spots, as per usual