Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Girl In The Spider’s Web (Fede Alvarez, 2018) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kellan, Mar 13, 2017.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm maybe the only person who actually liked the trailer.

I think that the reason why is that I'm such a fan of the Millennium series that I'd rather have this form of the stories than nothing at all. That's how I felt when I read Spider's Web the first time, and it's how I felt when watching this trailer.

Fincher's Dragon Tattoo is one of my favorite films, and I think we'd all love to have a direct sequel to that instead of this, but due to whatever reasons (probably a poor opening weekend, Craig being Bond, and whatever else) that sequel never happened. These are some of my favorite books I've ever read, so I'll support whatever comes out.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I'm down for more Lisbeth but the fact that they chose to go to the fairly mediocre story written by another author instead of the great ones from the original is just.....bahhhh. But from that trailer it looks like they might only be keeping parts of that book and changing other parts. That would be ideal.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I never watched the American version but the originals and especially the extended versions are some of my favorite adaptations. They nailed the series and everyone was just so so perfect in their roles. I love Claire Foy but I don’t know if anyone else can be Lisbeth for me.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

dash64 likes this.
  5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wow alright they really are forgoing most of the plot from the book it's named after

That's for the best

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was enjoyable, but I also went in with no prior experience to the series

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Every time I see the trailer I lose interest. I’ve been rewatching the uncut series though and it has made me want more of the story like it always does.

8. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Just watched this and found myself pleasantly surprised... until the 3rd act. Yikes.