Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gifted (Fall 2017, Fox)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 14, 2017.

1. Henry May 14, 2017
    (Last edited: May 14, 2017)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Gifted is an upcoming American television series created for Fox by Matt Nix, based on Marvel Comics' X-Men properties. It is connected to the X-Men film series, the second television series to be so. The show is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television, with Nix serving as showrunner.

The series stars Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker as ordinary parents who take their family on the run after they discover their children's mutant abilities. Sean Teale, Jamie Chung, Coby Bell, Emma Dumont, Blair Redford, Natalie Alyn Lind, and Percy Hynes White also star in the show. The series received a put pilot commitment at Fox after a previous attempted X-Men series did not move forward at the network in 2016; The Gifted was ordered to series in May 2017.
    The Gifted will air during the 2017–18 television season.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Looks pretty cool. Since this one is supposedly set in the X-Men film universe (unlike, as of now, Legion), I wonder what the bit about not knowing if the X-Men or Brotherhood still exist means for how the current timeline works out.

3. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This trailer looks interesting! I'll definitely watch the first episode

4. Tim

Also, apparently this is NOT set in the film universe (or in the same continuity as Legion).

5. New trailer looks good.

6. HalfHearted

Regular

Anything that deals with X-Men I am all in for. Still need to watch Legion, though.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Tonight

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked the premiere quite a bit

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As far as network action-dramas go, it was pretty solid. Liked the effects work a lot. Interested to see how it goes from here, I'm on board.

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

That was a good pilot. They introduced a lot of characters and I feel like a lot happened within the hour. Very well done. I'm excited for more.

11. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I enjoyed this.

12. I'm going to be really disappointment if Amy Acker isn't secretly a mutant.

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Just watched this and thought it was a pretty good premiere. Definitely going to be doing some digging into these characters more since I'm largely unfamiliar with them.

14. PauLo

43% Burnt

Really enjoyed this. Although the dad needs to tone it down a little. He was WAY too serious.

15. Tim

I'm really digging this show so far. It's fun getting some mutant television on a weekly basis.

ghostedaway likes this.
  16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm hooked

17. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Ive seen the first two episodes, this is a good show! First season is only 10 episodes so will definitely continue to follow it

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What comic series has a lot of Polaris in it?

19. Tim

You could give the series All-New X-Factor a shot. It's about a corporate team of mutants featuring Polaris, Gambit, and Quicksilver.

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'll give it a look. Thanks!

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Pretty solid season imo. I'm sure it would be impossible to get one of the biggest X-Men characters to be in this but I would love to see Emma Frost in the second season (in hopes of it getting renewed).

Edit: I guess it has already been renewed!

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Didn't know tonight was the season finale. This is definitely getting cancelled huh? :/

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Cancelled

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Knew it was coming but I still wanted more