Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Get Up Kids - Problems (May 10,2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Jesus. Awful.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Acceptable

irthesteve likes this.
  3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

4. torres

Regular

Aside from the James drama, just wanted to say that both Kicker and Problems blow all the new Blink 182 out of the water.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That is horrible. What a scumbag. Just cleared all of the Reggie albums from my phone, fuck that.

SlappinCups likes this.
  6. torres

Regular

Reading the lyrics to "The Advocate"

It would make a lot of sense if that song was about James

7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

torres and Contender like this.
  8. Juk Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2019)
    Juk

There’s a lot of inconsistencys with her post tbh.

Firstly he didn’t get kicked out of the get up kids due to any sort of allegations, it was because he’s an addict and/or in band fighting. They literally had on stage fighting and Matt mentioned in a recent podcast he’s difficult to work with.

She’s jumping on this even though it’s completely unrelated. One of her posts clearly mentions his band members not taking it seriously. From the members social posts they all got tattooed by his new gf recently, not something that would be done if you were kicking him out for his relationship issues.

There’s a lot of other inconsistencies too. At one point she mentions he had 8 gfs across the world (why when he barely tours outside the US?) but suddenly it’s then 12? How did you even find 12 people connected to him with absolutely no public posts on the subject?

Maybe he cheated on her. Maybe it was a shitty relationship in general and he’s a bad person to date. She says he took advantage of her financially but like he really had no need to? She goes from implying hes an abuser (but mostly financial??) to posting about his kickstarter- which was six years ago?? and calling it out as expensive when really that’s not the point?? She’s since gone begging for likes for evidence of him ripping fans off by not posting out shirts they paid for, evidence which is freely available on Facebook/etc anyway?? I’m not sure it makes sense to try and call someone out for being an abuser then suddenly rant about $30 shirts?

he’s obviously got issues if he is ripping fans off (and they didn’t get lost in the post), very telltale signs of addict behaviour but it’s hardly worth mentioning.

she contradicts herself on every other post. it’s just illogical.
    there’s more I could delve into but won’t for privacy sakes. just know that the majority of that account is as of now, nonsense.

edit: also now bringing into it his tax issues, as if that’s relevant??? stick to whatever abuse you’re claiming, not his own personal issues and sharing screenshots of that info with others.

9. Juk

See this is where her posts really don’t hold up. He didn’t get them “in trouble” on tour, he was kicked out for being an addict / in band fighting / it not working out.
    They cancelled a tour due to low ticket sales, note the smaller venues on the December run.

Band got matching tattoos by his new gf recently, definitely don’t hate him.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Is this really happening? And did you create an account just to post this?

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Lol

12. GBlades

Trusted

13. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I'm by no means doubting this persons story, but this IG damn near impossible to figure out. I hope the truth comes out soon one way or the other.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

did that instagram account at one point say they'd post details about the assaults if they got X number of likes?? what in the flying fuck

Analog Drummer likes this.
  15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah. They said if one of their posts got 50 likes they would post info regarding things James did

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I'm sorry but that's an insanely juvenile way to treat information related to abusers

jciswhatis likes this.
  17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The insta does seem rather scatterbrain but I don’t doubt the actual events / info.

18. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Ugh. I absolutely fucking adored Reggie and the Full Effect as a teen.

Even really enjoyed No Country for Old Musicians.

This sucks. And significantly more so for those he - apparently - hurt. Shame.

19. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

They did mention emailing a pitchfork journalist info so I do hope all of this info is being complied for an more easily understandable article. And as screwed up as it is to owe the IRS money I don't think that needs to be discussed in light of other abuse allegations.

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

It's relevant if he's manipulating these women into giving him money. It's motivation to do shitty things.

21. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I wasn't think the 2 were related but that's a good point.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Does “Satellite” remind anyone else of “Amsterdam” by Guster? Just a tiny bit?

25. I haven't heard a Guster song since the Woodstock '99 CD... haha