Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Get Down (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 27, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow, I fucking loved this show, especially those last two episodes. I have nothing but praise for what I just watched, I'm really happy a show like this exists

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. irthesteve

This is a pretty amazing soundtrack as well, "Set Me Free" is a legit hit

3. irthesteve

April 7, it's back!

WordsfromaSong likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Damn that's a quick turnaround!

5. irthesteve

They're techincally just part 1 and 2 of the same season, which is why

6. sawhney[rusted]2

ahhh didn't know that. The end of part 1 was such a finite ending, I'm interested to see where they go

7. irthesteve

Only way to go is UP, I'm stoked to see what's next, really love the first part

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Season 2 April 7th

9. irthesteve

technically part 2 of season 1, but whateverrrrrr

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Friday!!

11. sawhney[rusted]2

Already loving this, and just in the first 20 minutes

12. sawhney[rusted]2

These animated bits are great haha

13. sawhney[rusted]2

Holy shot was the Nathan Lane?

14. devenstonow

Noobie

Weird thing I've noticed in Part 2 is that it seems like the filters during the "archive footage" are always applied like, a second before the scene cuts to the actual footage.

Also just wanna say that the lyrics (the Nas parts and a lot of the Get Down Brothers) are godawful

15. devenstonow

Noobie

what the fuck is with the sexual mylene "toy box" song in episode 4 (of part 2)

this is a modern song and were the instruments to make a song like that even in existence in 1978?

16. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah idk man, sounded way too weird or something for that time period. Thought that was the worst sequence of the show, and they focused on the song as a tool to move the plot forward drastically than to actually be a good song. The show is p inconsistent in the quality of their music, but it's still entertaining enough

17. devenstonow

Noobie

just finished this up and some thoughts (much of it agreeing with AVClub's recap:

I hate when a show or movie ends in a way that makes a specific minor character more important than the others. In this, it was showing us Jaden Smith's fate, and not really giving us anything else (ie. why do we not really know what happened to Shaolin Fantastic?). The explanation AVClub theorized is that they're just memories to Zeke/remnants of his past life that he probably never saw again. Makes sense, but ehhhhhh

We didn't see Zeke's real path to being a success.

Were those three singers meant to be Mylene and co.? One of them looked like Regina.

I completely forgot that the third singer was Boo/Ra/Dizzee's sister. They didn't really give us an explanation of how she's suddenly back in the game.

annie killed the fucking cat wtf

It would have been easy to give this a satisfying ending, but they made mistakes. Feels like ending was just not final enough in order to set up a potential season 2, but since there probably won't be one it's a bad ending.

18. irthesteve

Loved the second half of the season, some really great stuff in there. Heartbreaking too. Really hope we get another season, but who knows

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Cancelled

20. irthesteve

Goddammit.

21. irthesteve

This one is a huge bummer honestly.

22. devenstonow

Noobie