Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I have mp3s of the Georgia EP but the quality isn't the greatest. I never even bothered putting them on my phone

But no, that hasn't been released digitally

2. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I was able to find decent quality ones that someone ripped from their vinyl on reddit. It'll have to do since its probably all I'm gonna get

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I hope he can find a way to do it all. Gaslight, solo/Crowes, and whatever else he gets up to.

Having a new Brian record for 2017 seems the most logical. He's in that mode for now. I'd love to see him do a covers EP or something like that too during the next album cycle. The cover of Atlantic City that they have touring needs to be recorded.

A Gaslight Anthem for 2018, or another Horrible Crowes Elsie vibed album would be a nice follow up to what I'm hoping his next record sound like.

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Brian played 45, Navesink, Stray Paper, National Anthem and Boxer over the course of his annual Crossroads shows in NJ couple of weeks ago. He sometimes will bust out a Gaslight song at his solo shows, but this is certainly the most attention he's given that material since the split. Probably no more than a holiday treat, but a boy can dream.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Hoping that he dives deeper into the country vibes he explored.

Ben Lee likes this.
  6. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

That monitor sits pretty high in relation to his keyboard. Any way, I am pumped to hear him go further down the singer/songwriter road.

8. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, he's got an EQD Avalanche Run on his pedalboard!

9. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

EXCITED!

10. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Listening to Handwritten for the first time in a while today. I always forget how incredible "Mae" is. Whenever it starts I know I'm going to have to listen to it three times in a row. Probably the most underrated song in their catalogue.

JRGComedy and junkmanserenade like this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Handwritten is such a strong album. It holds up incredibly well. I still remember hearing it for the first time driving to Chicago from Cleveland and grinning the whole time. Jason and AP were really pumping this one up. I had a feeling things would change for the band, and it did. I think a song like Here Comes My Man or Handwritten might have done better today that when it came out. I just think with EDM and dub step buzz calming a bit, there is a little more room for rock in today's mainstream.

KidLightning likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I look back on the release of Handwritten very fondly. I played that album so much that summer and it was one of the best summers of my life.

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

It's weird to think that Howl might be the most successful song off that record.

Collins likes this.
  14. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I remember hearing Howl on a commercial and searching Google because I thought my ears were playing a trick on me

beachdude42 and Michael Schmidt like this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

I totally did the, "wait a minute, let me google that" and was like, yeah, they definitely are on a Nissan commercial. I was happy for them.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  16. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The 3 song stretch of Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia is by far my favorite part of the album, but I like the album as a whole quite a bit. I find myself coming back to it the most besides The 59' Sound.

Collins likes this.
  17. Michael Schmidt Jan 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

I know Blue Dahlia is a popular song, but I still don't love the way that chorus kicks in with the first couple of lines. It always takes me out of the song, but then I am pulled back in. I totally agreed with using it as a b-side, but I think most fans would have preferred it in the record somewhere.

Pepetito likes this.
  18. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

almost positive that there is a video of Brian himself saying it should be on there instead of Desire.

Craig Manning likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

There is. Personally, I'd ditch "Too Much Blood" and keep "Desire," but I agree "Blue Dahlia" should be on the record.

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Not really into Handwritten. Mae and "45" are excellent tho, and Blue Dahlia woulda been the best on the album

21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Handwritten is my least favorite GA album and I still really enjoy it. But yeah Dahlia would've been better than Desire

22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Probably an unpopular opinion but Handwritten is my favorite TGA album. Likely because it was the one that got me into the band and it's the album I associate most with my junior year of college (along with OTIP).

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

I'd put both "Mae" and "Here Comes My Man" in my top five Brian Fallon songs.

Barresi and JRGComedy like this.
  24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

"Here Comes My Man" would have fit right in on Painkillers too.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

It took me a long time to come around on Too Much Blood. Like, within the past year.