Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

What is the shop called? I would do my best to build a legit rapport and just wear different punk band shirts and sweatshirts and hope it comes up naturally haha. I work with Joe Trohman's brother from FOB and I waited like 6 months until I felt we were solidly friends before I brought it up.

2. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Swagger and Blade! I brought it up to him halfway through my haircut I was like "so how's life not being on the road?" It was funny he laughed and said "you know who I am." We talked about Converge, WWE, and a little about Gaslight. He's a really nice guy.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

That's awesome! Did he have anything else interesting to say about Gaslight beyond saying they weren't done?

4. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Well he was basically saying that he kinda started the talks for the band to break up for the time being. He has a two year old daughter at home and a wife so he was basically telling me "what's the point of having a family if you can't spend time with them?" He's a super hardworking dude

5. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

And wasn't Brian married to his sister? Not that it played a huge role, but I can't imagine being in the middle of a good friend and sister's divorce. Then on top of it, contributing to a record about it.

6. Ben Lee

7. Michael Schmidt

Thanks for sharing. This video is awesome.

8. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Alex R. has a new project going and just put out an EP. It's kinda shoegazey, not what I expected but I'm loving it. There's a tinge of that Gaslight heartland feel that I'm picking up on, not a lot but barely. Really good stuff.

9. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Any word on these guys getting back together sometime in 2017?

11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Brian tweeted about writing songs today. But it was more of a joke than him saying he was working on a specific project.

12. takingback1738

aw my dick got really hard for a second but then i read the rest of the sentence :brokenheart:

13. PatRFinley

Yeah, when I saw this thread pop into my notifications I had a mini freak out. I only ever got the chance to see them once at Skate and Surf when they headlined. I don't even need another album that badly as long as Brian is putting out something, but damn do I wanna see this band perform again, especially indoors where the sound will be better.

takingback1738 likes this.
  14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It's been over a year since they went on break? I guess I didn't think it would last too long.

Hopefully we get something from them soon.

15. PatRFinley

Idk, I kind of expected it to be a long winded break. Hopefully I'm wrong but I imagine we have to wait till at least 2018.

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I try not to be the drunk guy at shows, but man was I wasted for that set. Sprained my ankle in the pit.

patrfinley likes this.
  17. kupe

Regular

If I were a betting man, I'd say you'll see some action from them near the end of 2017

18. Ben Lee

Brian Fallon is writing Solo LP#2. Idk that gaslight gets too active this year.

RJ Knorr and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

super excited for lp2

Ben Lee likes this.
  20. PatRFinley

I can live with another Brian Fallon solo album. Wonder if he'll go for a new sound or continue with what he did on Painkillers. I'm up for either.

21. Ben Lee

Sounds like he's going really singer/songwriter on the next one. I watched an interview where he said he wanted to record Painkillers and make a Petty-esq album, all glossy and whatnot. He felt he accomplished that. For his next album he talked a lot about Dylan, Cohen, Isbell and how he really wanted to focus on the storytelling and Folk on this upcoming record.

He says a lot stuff though, so we'll see.

junkmanserenade likes this.
  22. PatRFinley

I can get down with this.

But I'm also game to listen to literally anything this man puts his name on. I'd easily put him in the top 5 on a list of best songwriters.

Ben Lee likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Him doing an Isbell-style storytelling record is much more interesting to me than him reuininting with Gaslight right now, and I say that as a big Gaslight Anthem fan.

troyplaysbass and JRGComedy like this.
  24. PatRFinley

Talking yesterday got me in the mood for some Fallon now. Guess I know what I'm listening to while I work today

25. PatRFinley

So I'm guessing he never released the MP3s for Georgia? I have the vinyl, but I'd love to have it on my phone