Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 234

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he'll unfollow as soon as i bring up weezer

2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I still have my 45 RPM Club card somewhere.

3. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Did not expect the Get Hurt love on the comeback tour setlist but I'm here for it!

4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

love that setlist....love how they are opening with have mercy again...id flip 59 sound and backseat at the end.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Man, I was hoping they would bring out American Slang songs for this tour. At this point, I've seen most of the '59 Sound, Handwritten, and Get Hurt songs live.

Barresi and Jim like this.
  6. Love that "Blue Dahlia" is on there, but I'd trade the Get Hurt B-sides for just about anything else in their catalog.

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I missed the only time I had tickets to see them, so Have Mercy and Blue Dahlia are what I'm hoping they keep for the UK leg. I'm also not sure if I need spoiler tag these things but just in case.

Would love more AS though!

8. Craig Manning

I think I've seen them 3-4 times and I've gotten both of those songs. Looks like you've got a good shot at both!

I don't get the sense that Brian loves American Slang, but those songs really seem like they would go off live.

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Which seems weird . Saw them for the American slang tour when the album came out and the songs sounded great.

10. Craig Manning

I didn't see that tour, but I did see the Get Hurt tour and don't personally think those songs translate as well live as a bunch of their stuff.

11. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I agree. I've just heard more of the american slang songs so i'd love to hear some more get hurt.

12. abw123

Trusted

I love Get Hurt but not in a million years did I think the first show would have 7 Get Hurt songs and only 4 from '59 Sound.

No brand new songs.....yet

Pepetito likes this.
  13. abw123

Trusted

Red Violins !!!!

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Not sure I’d be counting on new songs haha

15. abw123

Trusted

Why not? They said they are working on an album, no?

Pepetito likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Needs more sink or swim. Those songs go off live.

swboyd, abw123 and stijn_p like this.
  17. abw123

Trusted

We Came To Dance and Divorce/Diner are so so so good

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think Brian said he had song ideas and presented them to Benny initially, but he’s been on tour a lot of this year. Not sure how much writing time they’ve all spent with each other yet to have songs done and ready to play live.

I could be wrong obviously, but I wouldn’t be expecting anything new until 2023.

19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I could see them soundchecking new songs and giving them a shot later in the tour

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I’m hoping they vary the setlists for the UK leg cause i’m really not keen on THAT many songs from Get Hurt. I’d probably want just Dark Places, Halloween and Have Mercy from that album cycle to be honest. Maybe Red Violins.

Would love them to maybe even it out a bit with some more AS songs.

Pepetito likes this.
  21. abw123

Trusted

I am not fond of your hypothesis and I reject it outright!

Just kidding -- yeah, that could be right, but I will remain hopeful. Man I hope they put out a killer album next year.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  22. abw123

Trusted

If they are going to play 7 songs from Get Hurt, one of them HAS to be Dark Fucking Places! I'm not big on Halloween.

Pepetito likes this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

Red Violins and Selected Poems are so underrated.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Replace Sweet Morphine and Stay Vicious with any other songs and I’m happy. Seriously though, they can play whatever they want and I’ll be in heaven.

25. abw123

Trusted

Yeah I hate Stay Vicious

koryoreo likes this.