Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 183

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

I thought it was very mediocore too

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I dig it

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

In general, I kinda wish TGA would stay dead and buried sans some live appearances here and there. They've got a great discography. The 2018 touring was a nice swansong with some awesome live shows. There's no need to rehash the past. Most reunions tend to be horribly underwhelming in terms of new music anyway.

EntryLevelDave likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Brian has intimated several times that the reunion shows weren't even fun for him.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

As a fan, that is Heartbreaking.

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

As for Forgivers, I don't really get how you can make a direct comparison to TGA especially since the influences appear to be coming from completely different places. There's a definite British alt influence there that TGA never really had (to my ears). Song's good though.

kupe likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

As a fan of all things in Brian’s discography, I would like to see some more Gaslight releases just as much as I’d love to see more solo from him. Sleepwalkers really showed he still had the knack for writing Gaslight style songs (I had no doubt), and there are songs from Painkillers like Rosemary that easily could have been Gaslight. I don’t he’d partake in anything that would damage the bands legacy. Because Gaslight left on a heavier note with Get Hurt (which I do like the album), I don’t think it’s where their story should end because that ending doesn’t best represent the band. When the time is right I, hope they do something, even if it’s just a single with no pressure to do more. I also hope he continues doing the solo venture too. His writing is just a wealth of great music. Maybe being in a band isn’t financially as beneficial at this point, and if you don’t have everyone back don’t do it. But Gaslight is welcome back to me anytime. Just keep any of the Brian projects coming because I am in.

Barresi likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I doubt there is a huge palace/gaslight overlap but his shirt has to be gaslight inspired.

8465A6F3-82A5-45CB-8794-455A76808A78.jpeg

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

come on lol

Slangster and swboyd like this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I was dranking. You cmon.

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Gaslight was Something Corporate inspired then haha

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Happy 11th bday American Slang

13. delvec19

Trusted

Heart always stops when I see this topic bumped...

Seems like just yesterday...love this album.

Pepetito and Sean Murphy like this.
  14. MJForumPoster

Regular

When I remember American Slang, I remember that summer's tour and how it was one of my favorite show experiences ever. Saw them in Philly at Penn's Landing and it was just a fantastic summer night, they played a ton from all three albums (at the time) and Tim Barry was great as well.

Pepetito and delvec19 like this.
  15. delvec19

Trusted

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hell of a setlist

Pepetito and Brother Beck like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

18. delvec19

Trusted

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That really is a killer fucking setlist. Holy shit.

I know I've told this story before, but I remember seeing them play an outdoor festival in Maine around the time American Slang came out, and Brian Fallon got SO FIRED UP when they played Sink or Swim songs and the crowd went nuts and sang along.

delvec19 likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

never saw them live. always wanted to but i’m okay with it.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I want more new Brian/Gaslight/Crowes. Having that REM cover come was nice. Curious if he’s started writing new material or has any plans outside touring when he can. Local Honey never got its proper rundown I wouldn’t be surprised if that threw off the process.

22. brothemighty

Trusted

Can't believe they kept the name

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Best Gaslight show I went to was at Pop’s when they played on the small side stage with Murder By Death in 2009, they played almost the entirety of ‘59 Sound minus Patient Ferris Wheel

Jim likes this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

25. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Saw them like 12 times I think? Always ready for #13

.K. likes this.