Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 178

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. abw123

Trusted

Would be weird timing since BF has already said he has an album in the can for 2020 but maybe they'll just do a few festivals together next summer or something small

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah timing wise would be poor, but I remember them announcing the 59' Sound tour shortly after Sleepwalkers. I remember being at a Brian Fallon solo tour thinking: "holy shit next month I'm seeing Gaslight again."

Hasn't not happened before, but I do hope IF (a very big if) there is some Gaslight shows it at least allows BF LP3 to get its due respect and time.

Very excited for LP3.

.K. and abw123 like this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What are the chances of them releasing a live album that was recorded back when they were still actively touring...?

The tracklist for Live in London left a lot to be desired, aside from the fantastic inclusion of "She Loves You".

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the asbury park shows last summer really felt like this band saying goodbye. i don't expect them to ever tour or release anything again honestly. one can dream, but i'm not betting on it.

imthesheriff likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I could see a live album of the 59 tour or something like that but nothing active.

6. Glad I didn't allow myself to get too excited about it

Can't wait for the new solo album though!

7. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Balls

8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

1930 Is still such an incredible song. Vastly underrated in the Gaslight catalog. Being in the crowd when the "Just Keep Breathing" bit hits was always super cool.

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Did my yearly revisit of Get Hurt and once again I think this album overall is great.

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh and also, Have Mercy into Stay Vicious would have been an absolutely perfect opening to the album.

Pepetito likes this.
  11. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

You are consistent with this I give you that.

I did like the live shows when Stay Vicious was the opener though. Seemed appropriate.

Though I have heard the live versions of Have Mercy and those are AWESOME.

alkalinexandy and Donnie Ruth like this.
  12. abw123

Trusted

I'd rather just have Have Mercy replace Stay Vicious personally

13. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

If you have the deluxe album, you get both.

.K. likes this.
  14. Forever Alive

Does anyone have the Miles Davis 2018 tour poster for sale? I missed it then and trying to get it until now - nightmare!

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My friend just sent me my tweet from 6 years ago when Rollin’ & Tumblin’ was released.

Absolutely miss it all.

ctschwink and JRGComedy like this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Can’t believe I forgot to post yesterday, but happy 8 year anniversary to Handwritten!

No album will ever share the memories I have associated with this album. The 59’ Sound may still be better, but Handwritten might be more important to me.

soggytime and Barresi like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think there has been an album that I had anticipated and/or looked forward to more than I did Handwritten. I don't return to it very often, but there are some classic Gaslight songs on there.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  19. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

The first 5 song stretch of Handwritten is just begging to be listened to on LOUD.
    Absolutely adore Handwritten.

Donnie Ruth and JBoch like this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Handwritten is awesome.

Donnie Ruth and Pepetito like this.
  21. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Handwritten is an absolutely perfect album.
    So is The ‘59 Sound.
    So is American Slang.

You know, it seems like we should all appreciate that a band gave us that stretch of albums like that. To say nothing of their other work or Brian’s work outside of the band. If those three albums were the only thing we ever got, Gaslight would still be one of my favorite bands and no one should ever complain about anything.

jpmalone4 and JaytotheGee like this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'd probably agree with that

23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I agree, with absolutely no disrespect to Sink or Swim & Get Hurt.

It’s also just mind-numbingly stupidly impressive how American Slang, Elsie, and Handwritten were released in 3 straight years.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  24. AshlandATeam

Trusted

For most bands I listen to, Sink or Swim or Get Hurt would be their best album.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  25. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

My hot punk take - Sink or Swim is a better album than American Slang and Handwritten. Probably for the sake of nostalgia before anything else though.

imthesheriff likes this.