Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 177

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I enjoy Brian's solo albums more than any gaslight album that isn't 59 sound or American Slang

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Like I said, that was only gun to my head. I think American Slang is an incredible album. I really love them all. There isn't a Brian Fallon-related album since This Charming Man's Every Little Secret that I don't think is phenomenal. I include Molly and the Zombies' Red Bull session thingy on this list.

3. abw123

Trusted

Agree with all of that

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

My previous post was a response to this post by I forgot to quote and can't figure out how to fix it.

5. abw123

Trusted

We all have our bannable opinions, in addition to my love for Get Hurt, my other bannable opinion is that Elsie is #8 out of 8. Again, doesn't mean I don't love it. I do. But something has to come in 8th and for me, it's Elsie.

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. abw123

Trusted

I love Handwritten, but I do think it drops off a little after the first 5 stellar songs, and I never liked Mae or National Anthem QUITE as much as everyone else does. They have other slow songs in the catalog I prefer. Still good songs though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  7. abw123

Trusted

You guys should all leave this thread now because I can talk about this shit ALL DAY

Brother Beck likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don’t much for national anthem either but Mae deserves the praise it gets. Probably the best on that album

9. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Blue Dahlia > > > > National Anthem

yocoxy and abw123 like this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’m not crazy about Brian’s solo albums.

ctschwink, Brother Beck and Osceola13 like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think American Slang is closer to Sleepwalkers in terms of sound than any of his other albums.

Any reason why?

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

His solo albums have some of his best songs

Joe4th and .K. like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I find every release has some of his best songs and I expect no different from the new album.

Jake W likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Sleepwalkers is incredible and one of his best albums

Jake W likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I honestly don’t know why I’m not big on them. I’ve listened to both a few times and nothing really grabs me like the gaslight albums do. I keep meaning to give them each another spin. Maybe I’ll do that this week.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

Jake W and imthesheriff like this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Both his solo albums were top albums for me in their respective years and I love them, but they don’t do what previous Gaslight albums have done for me.

And I’m completely okay with that because it is nearly impossible for me to compare anything to Gaslight because they are my favorite band and have made the most meaningful music to me and my life.

SamLevi11 and .K. like this.
  18. abw123

Trusted

I think the solo albums are incredible

Jake W likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Funny because American Slang was them on autopilot and Handwritten was a response to that according to Brian haha

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That’s incomprehensible to me

abw123 likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to take the term “autopilot” for all its positive meanings. Like things were running smooth and heading the direction they wanted without needing to course correct or second guess. No turbulence, clear path to a destination.

He didn’t say mailing it in.

22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Slang is good but it’s my least favorite of the Gaslight records for sure. Not a knock on it, the others just hit different

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

They've posted old live photos on Instagram for the past three days in a row...Could it be something...

.K. and momo32t like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have been thinking that for the past 2 days ha ha … ha ….. PLEASE

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

New Brian and new Gaslight anything would be fantastic.

Donnie Ruth likes this.