Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 175

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

There is a lot of gear talk, obviously, but there is a cool bit about the guitar tone and effects on the Blue Jeans and Looking at You Kid that is pretty darn interesting.

2. mationation

I think God's a painter

say what you want but in the infinite singularity of reality there is a timeline where they get back together and make another knockout record and I choose to believe we live in that one

CAC3, CheapPop and Sean Murphy like this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think there will be maybe one more album within the next 5 years.

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was inspired by a post Brian Fallon made to finally check out some classic albums the guys in this band hold in high regard and I picked up U2's Achtung Baby and The Cure's Disintegration.

I listened to Achtung Baby yesterday and was blown away by how solid the whole album was. I always think of U2 as a singles band where their albums usually have one to a few absolute classic fantastic songs but then usually a lot of filler and songs of questionable quality. This album is fantastic all the way through. Honestly, the low points of the album for me were "One" and "Mysterious Ways" simply due to overexposure, even though I do love both of those songs.

Today I am going to listen to Disintegration.

Barcara and Craig Manning like this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Achtung Baby is a masterpiece. As much as I love "One" and the other singles, the songs I'm most drawn to on there are stuff like "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses," "Ultraviolet," and "Love Is Blindness."

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Ugh, yesterday it showed up on my snapchat memories I was at the 2nd Boston Gaslight show.

Barresi likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can't believe this weekend will be a year since i saw them play back to back nights in asbury

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Disintegration is a classic

Barresi, hairtaylor and Brother Beck like this.
  9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Barresi and Leftandleaving like this.
  10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t really know where to post this one - but stumbled across this band on Apple Music and get some early Gaslight vibes from them, definitely has that NJ-punk sound:

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

FYI ~ SideOneDummies is selling the Elsie vinyl for $10.

Barcara likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Last few months have been wild.

Motion City Soundtrack.
    Creeper.
    My Chemical Romance.
    Rage Against The Machine.
    Fireworks.

Next, The Gaslight Anthem?

CAC3, CarpetElf, Maybevictor and 2 others like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Gaslight already played some anniversary shows.

Brian’s got a new album and probably a bunch of tours. Maybe there’s a couple big event shows that could pop up at some point. I’d love to see Gaslight record something again, but right now I’m excited for his next solo record.

CarpetElf and Jake W like this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

A certain album turns 10 soon ???? And this said album is Brian’s favorite.

Need it.

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Didn’t Brian say that there wouldn’t be any other anniversary shows for other albums

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Creeper has only been a band for like five years and they've had time to break-up for long enough to spawn a reunion? Wild.

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Creeper was a fake breakup lol it was literally just an album cycle ploy

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Gross @ Creeper and Fireworks.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

call me when minor threat gets back together.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I do remember a comment on the extent of “we don’t want to become a band that only plays anniversary shows.”

I still hope they tour. Whether it’s an anniversary or not.

21. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I think The '59 Sound is special and deserved the reunion. Idk if American Slang is, even though I love that fucking album.

22. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Somehow, I've never seen this before.

.K. likes this.
  23. abw123

Trusted

I'm not pining for a reunion ONLY BECAUSE his solo albums have both been so incredible.

Having said that, I do think at some point he's going to get the itch to write a Gaslight-ish more "rock" record, and when that happens, I think we'll get a reunion, and it will be GLORIOUS

.K. and ECV like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

For some reason I got confused with the years. I actually meant Handwritten as the one I want to happen (and it’s Brian’s favorite album).

I do like American Slang, but Handwritten is much superior for me.

25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I don’t mind getting solo Brian albums instead of a gaslight album but I definitely miss the energy of a gaslight show.

Donnie Ruth likes this.