Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 163

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I’ve taken Too Much Blood out and put Desire in it’s place, then put Blue Dahlia at track 9. I think it flows well into Mae, plus having Howl and Biloxi Parish before it makes 3 bangers in a row.

mationation likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I also have "Blue Dahlia" as track 9 on Handwritten. Absolutely essential part of the album for me. That and "Mae" are my favorites on the album.

RobJGolde likes this.
  3. RobJGolde

I’m sure it’s been said on here before at some point but Mae is easily the best track on Handwritten

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Mae sums up the record quite nicely.

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

"Mae" might be my favorite Gaslight song. It is definitely in the running. I wanted to name my daughter Mae.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really like it as the post-closer song. I’ve tried to insert it into the album before and I didn’t think it had quite the same impact.

RobJGolde and Jason Tate like this.
  7. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I love Mae so much. Elsie Mae is in the running for daughter 1.

8. RobJGolde

That’s an objectively beautiful name. My fiancee and I were thinking of naming our first kid Tyrion regardless of gender.

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Agree. I really dislike helter skeleton.

10. Consistently making their best songs b-sides is part of the magical mystery of The Gaslight Anthem. This band has an incredible amount of rarities that were a lot of fun to dig up when I was getting into them. They opened with Have Mercy a lot when they were touring Get Hurt, which I always thought was funny considering that song was like, the ultimate rarity from those sessions.

As Chorus.fm's resident Get Hurt Historian And Defender, I'd like to remind the thread that Have Mercy wasn't even just a bonus track on the deluxe edition--it was an iTunes Exclusive bonus track. As a result, that song has still never been released on vinyl.

If anyone at Island is reading this...release Have Mercy on a 7" already!!!

BKO5950505 and KRKrummy like this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Today in MA is like 50 degrees I might listen to some Gaslight and pretend we don’t have another 3 months of shitty winter weather and then 2 rainy, gross “fake” spring weather. Don’t give up on summer!

12. DannyZach

Trusted

You just ruined my day

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is the only thing I was thinking when people pointed out earlier in the thread that in this day and age with digital music bonus tracks and b-sides aren't as big of a deal as they used to be. It kills me that my favorite song from that entire project - and possibly Brian Fallon's too! - isn't even physically released on anything. I know iTunes is a good quality file, but I'm old school with wanting something in my hands. A CD or even vinyl, which I currently don't even have a way to play but I still collect a lot of stuff from the musicians and bands that I love.

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

2BF10774-752A-4767-AA46-76EC7AFD595D.png A small number of people would know both of these lol, but on the Bachelor two seasons ago when it was that dude Arie there was a contestant little Bekah and she posted this on her instagram story.

beachdude, swboyd, Barresi and 3 others like this.
  15. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I am right there with you on the Get Hurt defender wagon. I probably go back to it more than any other Gaslight album.

ECV likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love them all, but my kids love Get Hurt and Sleepwalkers.

BKO5950505 likes this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

ME: I don’t need anymore funko pops

Gaslight:
    F2CCD8C5-E010-4ABA-96B5-C21EA3FF0488.jpeg

18. MidDave

Are those real????

19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m thinking so! They came from Alex’s Instagram and he tagged the official Funk Pop Instagram.

Ohhhhhhhh man! I feel like I would need all of them?

20. MidDave

Where's Ian? And Danny Del Donuts? Where's Jared Hart creeping from offstage? I need the whole crew.

beachdude, Barresi and Donnie Ruth like this.
  21. Barcara

Regular

An Ian Perkins one is essential

beachdude and Donnie Ruth like this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They're fanmade

23. MidDave

Bummer.

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Fan made or not they look sweet and real so I’d buy them if ever available.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Those are so sick