Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 123

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don't wish good fortune on any of you.

Worm fingers for all of you.

2. kupe

Regular

There's gonna be Jersey shows if it's a consolation for anyone

Barresi likes this.
  3. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, I'm banking on that at this point. Have you heard about any other cities that haven't been announced yet?

4. kupe

Regular

Unfortunately I have not

Barresi likes this.
  5. delvec19

Trusted

Guaranteed? Even if I do end up going to Bowery, I'll still go to a Jersey show for sure.

6. kupe

Regular

Yes

7. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I love that they picked Bowery since it's a small intimate venue...but getting tickets will be impossible.

They must have limits set by Gov ball about how much they can play in NYC in advance of their big (expensive) set at the festival. But booking a different/larger venue would have made more sense.

They could easily sell Terminal 5 / Brooklyn Steel / Irving / Playstation for a '59 Sound show.

8. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Gaslight at Brooklyn Steel would be an absolute dream

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

honest question: why do folks love Brooklyn Steel so much? i have only been there once but it seemed pretty run-of-the-mill and wanted $8 for their cheapest beer

10. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

For me, it’s that I can drive in easily from Long Island and thus save a bunch of money and don’t have to deal with the terrible LIRR

Shrek likes this.
  11. terps12

Regular

Can't speak for others, but I found the sound at Brooklyn Steel to be better than many of the other bigger venues in the city. I like it better than Terminal 5 and it's nice to be able to drive and have access to street parking.

12. terps12

Regular

FYI for nj/Philly folks- 8/13 in philly, 8/17-8/19 at the summer stage in asbury

Barresi likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I can’t really justify paying full album price for a 9 track b-sides thing. Am I a bad person?

14. momo32t

Trusted

Yes, yes you are.

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Something weird happened where even though the website with the DC posters said they were sold out, I hit “add to cart” and it worked and I bought the poster.

So I hope I receive one!

16. musicfan10

Trusted

When did you do this? Today? Are you referring to the gaslight poster?

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah! The actual gaslight tour poster for DC/NY shows with the radio. I went on today around 6:23 pm (ET).

I went to the hellgateindustries page, clicked the poster, and it certainly said sold out BUT I hit add to cart and literally processed the order. I have a confirmation # and email??

I tried again just now but it says “cannot add item to cart.” I have no idea if they made a mistake on the site or if it was a glitch???

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to hear these please

19. musicfan10

Trusted

That’s greato

20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Worm Fingers for All of You!

Muahahahahaha!

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

brooklyn steel was pretty mediocre when i saw chairlift there

but i also don't like big venues like that that much anyways unless they're very special (like the anthem)

22. Barresi and JaytotheGee like this.
  23. cwhit

if you missed these, refresh again at 12:10, trust me

24. cwhit

i'll try to help some pals out too

25. delvec19

Trusted

Screwed again!