Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gaslight Anthem Band • Page 119

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Guessing Our Father’s sons is the demo which is out there. So curious about Placeholder. Also, wanna know what other songs they’ve held back from other albums.

2. kupe

Regular

There is an unreleased song from the Handwritten era and it's one of their best ever

RJ Knorr likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Go on. I am curious. Seriously how did you hear it and how can I?

4. kupe

Regular

Lucky enough to have an in with this band, it was on an unfinished version of Handwritten I had (no harmonica on Keepsake, no strings on National Anthem, no spoken vocals at the end of Howl, an organ part at the end of Handwritten, etc...)

Unfortunately you won’t be able to unless they decide to release it one day. But it’s an amazing song (very heavy lyrically) and I hope they do!

5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Damn, I'm so jealous. Would love to hear all of these, haha.

Shrek likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I would kill for just one more song in the vein of that Handwritten album. That album is special to me in so, so many ways.

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Has there been an official announcement about this yet? Everything I've seen has either been third party fan sites/groups or vendors...

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

From the guys who finished 'Blue Dahlia' but then ultimately said "nah, f--- it" I can't say this surprises me... But damn would I kill to hear the song you're talking about.

beachdude42, kupe and Barresi like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

She Loves You also agrees!

beachdude42, Matthewconte and Barresi like this.
  11. abw123

Trusted

Can you tell us the name of the song??

12. kupe

Regular

On my computer it was "Untitled Track 12" but I believe it was supposed to be called "Not An Exit"

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

a whole lot of past tense here... did you delete it?!?!

also this is erotic fiction for my musical heart what have you done, i'm going to die incomplete now

14. kupe

Regular

I definitely don't have the burnt CD anymore (I don't think I have any of the unfinished versions of songs saved unfortunately), I do have the song in my iTunes and on my iPod but haven't listened to it recently once I got Spotify. I do have a bring it on demo and a bunch of demos from Get Hurt as well on my computer though haha

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

dc just released some tickets

16. Holy shit thank you

cwhit likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you are very welcome, hope you enjoy the show!

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

DAMMIT I saw it too late to forward message to my brother and friends. Pretty sure no more left.

19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

NVM he got em!

20. Well I'll be flying into DC from MN ($120 flight hell yeah) on the Saturday before the show, anyone have any must-see/must-do things? I'll be there until Tuesday I think. Still have to book my place to stay as well, happy to take recs for that too!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Wonder what their latest tweet could be?

Attached Files:

Barresi likes this.
  22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Means that they're getting pre-sale access to the tour.

23. musicfan10

Trusted

has a new tour been announced

24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Can't wait to spend $500 on second-hand tickets for a Jersey show.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’ve already spent my bank account to see them in 6 days in DC, but if they announce a Boston show I’ll go into debt with pride.

Barresi likes this.