Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Runner (Jason Reitman, November 7,2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 30, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Oscar® nominee Hugh Jackman stars as the charismatic politician Gary Hart for Academy Award®-nominated director Jason Reitman in the new thrilling drama The Front Runner. The film follows the rise and fall of Senator Hart, who captured the imagination of young voters and was considered the overwhelming front runner for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination when his campaign was sidelined by the story of an extramarital relationship with Donna Rice. As tabloid journalism and political journalism merged for the first time, Senator Hart was forced to drop out of the race – events that left a profound and lasting impact on American politics and the world stage. Also starring Vera Farmiga, J.K. Simmons and Alfred Molina, The Front Runner is written by Matt Bai & Jay Carson & Jason Reitman, based on the book All the Truth is Out by Matt Bai, and produced by Jason Reitman and Helen Estabrook of Right of Way Films and Aaron L. Gilbert of BRON Studios.

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

heard reitman talk about this in the lead up to tully. pretty interested in seeing the end result

3. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

generally mixed on hugh but this looks great

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I ended up skipping this last week but had a friend say it was great. Definitely on my radar.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Bill Burr and Bighead from Sillicon Valley being in this was incredibly distracting and I was like Kevin Pollack looks familiar but I couldn't place who it was
    I liked that this showed that this affected Donna too as well as his wife and kid who you feel bad for
    I appreciated the stuff about the media being more opportunistic but I felt like the movie could have done a better job of being like is that good or bad, and was Gary right that a politician's personal business is irrelevant
    JK Simmons could have played his role in his sleep but he was great

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

This was an okay movie... went into it blindly, didn’t even know it was a biopic on Gary Hart who I had little knowledge of. Subtle storytelling but very inside baseball on politics.

@iCarly Rae Jepsen did you also notice Mike Judge, Ari Graynor, and Toby Huss in small roles?

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

no, oh that was Ari I didn't recognize her as a brunette, but I did recognize Stephanie Allynne and Mike Lawrence haha

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  8. Iain

Regular

Only just coming out here in the UK, i thought it was pretty good! Didnt know too much about it before going in, but enjoyed it.