Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TheVandyMan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Rose EP is great

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

They're re-recorded versions of songs from their pre self-titled material. Rose is the only one currently, but they've said they want to do more.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Yeah this would be pretty much perfect

local_corn likes this.
  4. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Anyone who'd prefer revisitations of years-old songs to a brand new set of songs is silly.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Why not both. I'd love a few of the older songs to be revamped, because they improved the songs on the Rose EP a lot.

Regardless, definitely cannot wait for new material from these guys.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  6. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

After my disappointment with Back on Top I think I'd prefer another Grandma over new material, but I also accept that I could be categorized as "silly."

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The new arrangements and fleshing out of songs on the grandma EP definitely makes me like those songs waaay more so I would not at all be upset with getting another. Love Rose.

8. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Lipstick Covered Magnet and Be Nice to Me were almost entirely new songs, imo.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I hadn't heard Jim Bogart before Rose and that's one of my favorites now

local_corn likes this.
  10. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

I wanna hear jim bogart and awkward conversations live

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Re-visited the bands discography, its so charming and fun but Sella has become quite the songwriter. Theres little lyrical moments and vocal tics that give such depth to the songwriting on all their songs.

"Twin Size Mattress" is one of the best songs to come from that scene hands down. Seeing that song performed live and the band essentially go full on Brand New for that bridge/outro was so cool.

local_corn likes this.
  12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

twin sized mattress is hands down their best song and just a truly special one

still think their most recent album is their best as a whole.

13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i agree with both of these. "Plastic Flowers" is a close second to Mattress

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nothing will ever compare to seeing Twin Sized Mattress live. Especially the time when after the last line, Brian crowd surfed to an exit in the back of the venue and ran off, while the rest of the band played. It was such a fun moment and the best stage exit I've ever seen.

local_corn and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also I still think TFB is playing Riot Fest, and I think the next part of that announcement is coming this week or next, so I think we're going to have a new album/tour announcement from TFB coming alongside that. Hopefully, at least. I'm really interested to see where they go from here.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Agreed on Back on Top. 2YL > West Virginia > Plastic Flowers is an absolutely incredible 1-2-3 to close an album.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. ncarrab May 23, 2017
    (Last edited: May 23, 2017)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

TFB have become one of my favorite live bands around (and really, one of my favorite bands in general). I haven't seen them since Back on Top was released, but have seen them 4 times prior to that. The two times I saw them headline was in super small venues (250-300 person caps) and each time was just absolutely bonkers.

Can't wait for any new stuff. I'm guessing it'll be sometime this year?

EDIT: I'm a moron, I have seen them since Back on Top was released. Forgot they opened for Brand New last October when I saw them. So I've seen them five times.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

19. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Love the new song. Wonder if this is from that recording session they had recently or if its older. I wanna say its new, but it does sound a lot like that last EP they put out.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

"I'm gonna keep singing the same words. Maybe it'll sink in." Was a clever aside to me haha

Anticitizen7 and local_corn like this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This definitely had an older style to it and I was into that.

22. Collins

Trusted

They always bring the jams. I really like this one a lot, I feel like it's gonna be stuck in my head all day tomorrow.

23. Anthony_ Jun 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Back On Top is their best album by a wide margin in my opinion. I like the self-titled, Talon of the Hawk was a huge step-up for them and I really enjoy it, but Back on Top is number one for sure. So many jams on that album.

zigbigwig and KidLightning like this.
  24. btr

Trusted Supporter

Very interested to hear the album that's coming out in the fall. One of my most anticipated for sure.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  25. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Is a fall album confirmed?

Also, does anyone have Needy When I'm Needy and/or the Back on Top Demos? YouTube quality ain't cuttin' it.