Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TheVandyMan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah they’re fun live. Just a super fun sing a long. It’s so weird I used to see them in venues with like literally 30 people and now they filled an arena sized venue a year ago. Good for them!

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They played a 5,000 capacity venue last time they came here and I had no idea they were *that* big.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

To be fair it was with Manchester Orchestra and there was plenty of room. It would've been perfect for Radius (from what I understand) had that have been opened at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do like Riviera though on their next tour. The last time they played a normal headline tour they did back to back nights at Metro and House of Blues (and both sold out). So they're kind of in a weird, too big for the 1000-1500 cap rooms, but not quite big enough for the next step up.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw Manchester headline The Riv a few weeks ago and Andy said after the show to a group of us that had waited outside that this was the biggest headlining show they had ever played in Chicago, so I'd be curious how much draw Manchester drew for that show.

5. Kuri44

MRose24 and MegT585 like this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I dig it, reminds me of Talon of the Hawk. I liked Going Grey at first but haven’t really returned to it at all.

7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

This is what I thought, song is great though

waking season likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Self titled - 8
    Talon of the Hawk - 9
    Back on Top - 9.5
    Going Grey - 7.5

GG had some amazing songs, Grand Finale, Trampoline, Everyone But You, and Ocean were great, but the rest were super weak and boring.

Also this is really good. It's got more personality than anything on GG, and taps into a nice blend of the polish and electronic influences of GG but the instrumentation of TotH. I dig it a lot.

irthesteve and waking season like this.
  9. Kuri44

GG is a great Fall album!

I still listen to a good amount of those songs regularly. Vacation Town is my favorite.

My other faves are: You Used To Say (Holy Fuck), Bae, Raining, Don’t Fill Up On Chips, and Far Drive

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Back on Top > Talon > TFB > Going Grey

Put any of these songs from any of these albums in a live setting and I’ll be happy.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

New song is perfect. They improve with each album.

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. CAC3

Dog

Talon > TFB > Back on Top > Going Grey

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That’s a take I can get behind

btr likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This song is so great they just hit such a sweet spot for me. The bridge is really nice in this I think it’s my favorite part

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I LOVE THIS SONG.

I love all of their records, even Going Grey, but I really dig that they're going for more of Talon of the Hawk sound. Goddamn it's going to be hard trying not to wear this song out.

16. MegT585

Trusted

New song is SO good

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I like it

18. Kuri44

19. WornSoThin

Regular

Looks to be Mike Sapone-produced.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

way better than anything on going gray, almost lost me at the bridge but they've got enough charm to make the spoken word thing seem fun

waking season likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new song is pretty awesome, wasn't expecting the whole spoken work breakdown toward the end but it's great

CAC3 likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love that they called back to Vacation Town in the bridge.

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hoping that the NY show on April 17th means the album will be released that day. Otherwise seems random to just do a one off show like that

CAC3 and MRose24 like this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Got my ticket for Cleveland!

MRose24 likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Man I'm jealous. I might've gone to Cleveland if it was a Saturday but nothing else is even close