Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TheVandyMan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's a good album

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

May 18th

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's true, I just prefer the first two albums a lot more but it should still be fun. I do love Going Grey

I can't really imagine a TFB set missing any of these songs: Flashlight, Maps, Beers, Twin Size, Skeletons, Au Revoir, Help and West Virginia

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. ccsc918

existing

The Plan (Fuck Jobs)

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ive been talking with one of my best friends about seeing front bottoms live together for like years now, and then they go announce a show on same day as hop along. fuckkkkkkkk

7. matthaber

best friend or hop along? how do i choose

8. SPine

Trusted

Aw man I don't want to see all of Going Grey. Oh well I'll still be at Spring Fling

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

hop along but I'm sorry

matthaber likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure if they'll actually do that whole set at Spring Fling since it's a festival. They definitely won't at Bunbury

11. SPine

Trusted

Oh yeah that is true. I can't wait to see them two days in a row

12. matthaber

@brandon_260 ima need you to act as a distraction at the hop along show that night and delay it as long as possible so i can make it too both shows. I will pay you in chorus.fm likes.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I don't blame you. I'm excited to see Going Grey in full (even though I've seen it all but Raining already), but you can never have too many S/T & Talon song. And I agree on those songs, but I've definitely seen them play shows without some of them. I think the Beers and Skeletons will be losses, and the rest will be in some kind of rotation. But like you said it'll be fun regardless.
    Definitely one of the possibilities.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I also wonder if saying "Going Grey + some oldies" really just means it'll be primarily Going Grey and a mix of others, versus all of Going Grey.

ccsc918 likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Damnit I didn’t see these were the same night!!

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I guess I should get around to listening to their previous albums

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

God, these are literally the two that I would never cut, no matter what lol. And twin size.

local_corn likes this.
  18. ccsc918

existing

Ill be going to the Fort Wayne date, I've only seen TFB in a vinyl store in St. Louis last year I haven't actually seen a full show of theirs so i'm pretty excited.

19. ccsc918

existing

I think it means Going Grey in full then having songs like Twin Size and other staple songs thrown in the mix. Hopefully stuff from Back On Top.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I just saw Front Bottoms in October and they played 9 out of the 11 Going Grey songs. I would love to see ROSE front to back but I doubt they stick to this plan at the Cleveland show because it's part of a festival - and tickets for that after fees are $49 and I have no interest in any of the other bands, so probably going to sit this out.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Not saying it's what I want them to cut, just what makes the most sense. I've seen them not play Beers before so I think that one definitely goes. I think they've played Skeletons every time I've seen them (since it was released obviously), but they have to cut some things cus we're looking at a 23 song set without any of the bonus songs.
    Yea I'd agree this is probably the case, but I could see it going the other way.

ccsc918 likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa!

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

new record???

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My guess is releasing a one-off before their MO tour. Can't imagine a new record already considering GG just turned a year old and they released Anne earlier this year.

25. Skupski

SteveLikesMusic likes this.