Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - In Sickness & In Flames (August 21, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 1, 2020.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I totally agree. The best situation is for everyone to stay home for 4 weeks and not leave. That would legitimately end the pandemic if everyone did it. Unfortunately that's not how this country works.

falafelmywaffle and ncarrab like this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Everything @irthesteve said sounds real thought out, hopefully it's similar. Also, @ncarrab I have no intention of leaving my car.

3. irthesteve

Last thing about my own experience, I felt 100% safe. There was no one anywhere remotely close to us, we stayed in our little square (150 sq feet) the whole time, ordered food that was delivered to us and used the restroom via the app. Again just my own experience, but not for a moment was I worried for my own safety.

4. irthesteve

Two pics from my spot, just for context

IMG_20200710_181217.jpg IMG_20200710_203602.jpg

MegT585 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Virtual bathroom is wild

6. jols

Trusted Prestigious

that's all fun until the crew in a monster truck sets up right in front of you and they're carrying on the whole time

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  7. irthesteve

The virtual bathroom they used at the venue was honestly a pretty terrible system haha, but they tried. I am sure it's gotten better, it was their first show

8. irthesteve

there are restrictions on what kind of vehicle you are allowed to bring

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

This is also reassuring. Hopefully these two venues will do something similar.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. confettirainfall Jul 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2020)
    they just went live with another twitch live concert if anyone's interested. just played Montgomery. super fun! twitch.tv/thefrontbottomsmusic

11. during it they played an ACAB anthem that they "just wrote today" lmao it was not subtle lyrically and it was pretty wonderful. i'm sure it'll be uploaded to their channel later. also.. twin sized mattress!

local_corn likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche Jul 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2020)
    colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

"I know where the cops hide their guns while they're doing their cocaine. On their hips."

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have been RANTING ABOUT how the dumb fucking idiots I graduated high school with are now cops, and according to my town’s public records they are making between 90k-150k. I’m 27. They aren’t tenured chiefs. And most of their salary is OT & traffic details.

Basically, I’m happy TFB also are pissed by it.

smowashere likes this.
  15. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

That kicks ass. Just love how TFB word things so simply, repetitively effective and anthemic.

It's unfortunate to have such systemic problems. What are cops doing directing traffic? What are cops doing handling people with mental illness or drug addictions? Why does being pulled over mean a cop walks up and insults your girlfriend calling her stupid while I'm in the car allowable while I got to kiss his ass? (Ok, that's just me, but happened a few months ago.)

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That stream was awesome, I guess I didn't realize they would be doing full band. Really well done and the cop song was amazing

17. MRose24

Regular

Doomsday likes this.
  18. btr

Trusted Supporter

19. wow, these songs are so good. I kinda grew out a lot of "emo" music (or bands in this scene, whatever you wanna call it), but something about this band, man. how does a band this good inspire so many unlistenable imitators lol

20. listening to Back on Top for the first time in a couple of years and it's just such an amazing transition into writing bigger, better songs. Hardly tweaks their formula, but the hooks are their best, and the extra instrumentation just makes them sound larger than life

21. "Plastic Flowers" man, what the fuck. So good

sorry for the triple-post lol

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I agree 100% with all three posts

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Cop song is awesome, hope they record it.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Plastic Flowers is easily one of their most underrated songs.

boo7er and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Haven't listened to these dudes in like 8 years. It's super awesome to see how much they've grown and how much respect they've gained over the years. I've been meaning to go back and listen again since the Jimmy Eat World tour announcement. Bummer that got cancelled.

The new songs are cool. They kinda remind me of Motion City Soundtrack.

Aaron Mook likes this.