Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - In Sickness & In Flames (August 21, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 1, 2020.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

My favorite songs on Going Grey (Holy Fuck, Vacation Town, Raining, Grand Finale) are really good, I just don’t like how slick it is generally speaking. That’s part of why the new tracks work for me; the production is a lot closer to their earlier records even though the songs are more of a blend of everything.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Montgomery Forever is an instant classic

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That was amazing. Esp that last line

waking season likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

MONTGOMERY FOREVER
    AND EVER
    AND EVER

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. MRose24

Regular

This is cool

irthesteve and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sick! Gonna try and get tickets for the Monmouth show.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. Anthony_

Anybody know the presale code for when the tickets go live in a half hour?

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

According to my email it’s TFBDRIVEIN

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What's the prices like?

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I actually want to do that, I wish it was a Friday or Saturday instead of Thurs and Sun

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If it was a Saturday I'd almost definitely make the drive out to Philly

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. Anthony_

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but it makes sense. If they're allowing you up to 4 people per car, works out to $40/person.

I hope they leave some room between the front and back of cars so you can see well. It's a super cool idea, can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Contender and falafelmywaffle like this.
  16. Anthony_

Yeah it would be just me and probably my wife who isn't even a fan of the band so that's not really worth it.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's just me and my lady friend, I went with the 'gold' spots which is $200, but a $30 service fee, so it was quite pricey. But we were supposed to see JEW/FB next month anyway (mostly for FB), so it works out.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine watching a concert from your car, with your own personal space, drinks, food, A/C, hell yeah!

19. Anthony_

those spots were already gone by the time i got there so I didn't think paying $160 and potentially being reallllyyyyyy far away was worth it

20. irthesteve

I obviously can't speak for this specific venue, but i saw Andrew McMahon a few weeks ago here in LA and what they did was space each car 10 feet apart, then everyone was able to use the open space to the left of their car to set up chairs, blankets, and watch the show. It was a great system

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This still doesn't seem healthy or safe. Unless you're living with the other three people who are in your car. But a lot of people may ask friends to go that they haven't hung out with in a while and next thing you know you got four people in a small, enclosed space and that is going to spread the virus.

*EDIT* I don't mean 'you' specifically, @colorlesscliche

22. irthesteve

I also don't know the specifics of this venue, but our venue allowed for as many people in the car as seatbelts would hold. There are plenty of families that are more than just a few people, and in some cases friends who are quarantining/living together. It's just a case-by-cases basis that the individuals need to figure out themselves, the venue doesn't have the ability to police each family and determine their viability

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I get that there are plenty of families of more than just a few people, but how many people go to concerts as a family of four? Kind of rare. I agree you may have some friends quarantining and/or living together - that's fair - but if we're talking the capacity of this being in the high hundreds to a thousand or so people, the vast majority probably won't be living/quarantining together, which again, kind of defeats the whole purpose of trying to limit large gatherings.

I didn't see your above post, where you said the venue you went to allowed people to get out of the car, watch from chair/blanket. What if someone has to use the bathroom? All of a sudden you have a line of 10, 15, 30, etc people waiting to use the bathroom. Also, what's to prevent people from mingling from car to car, if they are indeed allowed to get out and watch from outside the car?

I get that bands/artists are trying to get creative to continue to make a living - and this obviously all sucks for everyone - but there are just still so many things that can go wrong when doing this kind of stuff or contribute to the spread when it's totally avoidable.

24. irthesteve

The bathroom line was all virtual, you sign up on your phone and get alerted when it's your turn. No physical line. All food and drink ordered is delivered to you.

Nothing prevents people from mingling to car to car the same way that nothing prevents you from going to your neighbors house right now. The venue sets rules that should be followed, and each person takes the risk they will take. In the exact same way that the government makes mandates for lockdown and masks, but each person had to take the personal responsibility to uphold those rules.

falafelmywaffle and ncarrab like this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I understand all that and hope everyone who does choose to attend, does so responsibly. It just seems we're in a period of this pandemic where things are getting worse and worse by the day and anything we can do to avoid exposure/spread just seems like the safest/smartest option.

waking season likes this.