Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - In Sickness & In Flames (August 21, 2020) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 1, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I just want to clarify/remind folks, despite TFB using the phrase “the individual” in their statement, there are in fact multiple allegations out there from (multiple) different people. The statements from these individuals can be found on @condimentcutie’s Twitter. The fact that TFB only appears to have confronted and addressed one of those survivors is, well, frustrating.

This phrasing did not catch my eye at first but someone on Facebook brought it to my attention.

Anthony_, Carrow and spookymulder like this.
  2. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

the front bottoms are gaslighting their whole fan base

dylan and Anthony_ like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn the anti-keyboard warrior hero deleted all their posts, y’all gotta make more liberal use of the quote feature for posterity’s sake

Carrow likes this.
  4. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

lol Anthony...

I apologized, deleted and changed my position. You still at it. smh.

The hell you want?

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. semi-regular reminder that this band ain't shit

Contender likes this.
  6. au revoir am I right

7. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

I know it’s reddit so I shouldn’t be surprised but... people in the subreddit are gross as fuck

ItsAndrew likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Aside from Reddit and a few Facebook groups, almost nobody is talking about the situation so it looks liken their plan of making less people aware worked!

Carrow likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Posted this in the accountability thread but…

As if the whole “let’s stay quiet for months after the survivor comes forward and then release a brief, terrible statement only though our mailing list then shut up about it forever and move on with touring” wasn’t bad enough, they’re releasing a song with Matt Skiba of all people.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

New song sucks ass lol

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Was gonna say, not that it matters, but that’s also a really bad song lol.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

And featuring Friend of Nazis Matt Skiba no less

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Truly terrible can’t believe how far they’ve fallen from my good graces

14. Madmod

Lurking

New grandma EP produced my Mike Sapone announced

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

New song is pretty good.

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish I could get excited about anything this band does anymore, but I’m still put off by the way they handled everything with Ciaran, which is a bummer because I really did enjoy this album (and probably would enjoy what they are putting out now).

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is one of my absolute favorite old songs from them and I’ve been hoping it would show up on a grandma EP forever, but I’ve gotta echo that statement. Feel pretty deflated about anything the band does these days, and it sucks to feel that way.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This song is really fun, but i kind of echo the above in that it has slightly detracted from how excited i get about these guys.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Aside from the fact that they didn’t kick him out immediately, which I feel should be standard practice in cases where someone is accused of abuse, I am still baffled that the only statement they ever gave about the situation was through their email list which a lot of their fans are probably not subscribed to, and that the statement came out of the blue after months of radio silence. I would wager that a lot of their fans still probably have no idea anything even happened.

Definitely one of the more bizarre ways I’ve seen a situation involving abuse handled in the music scene.

20. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

As a Jewish person myself, has Skiba come out and just been like "Hey ya'll I'm not a Nazi" cause that would make me feel a tad better.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sick about this guy.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wait what ^

22. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

23. SteveLikesMusic

yes but this is a front bottoms thread

24. They were referencing Skiba being featured on a recent single.