Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - Going Grey (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Hey, I asked this question but it doesn't really fit with the rest of the interview, so I'll just post it here:
    Full interview should be up tomorrow.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

New song is great, no surprise there.

They just have such a great ability to write songs that are universally applicable by using super specific situations.

3. MattNCheeze

Trusted

seems like he's gonna throw one from left field.

gouda....no....brie.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Vacation Town video is up

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Can't listen as I'm at work, but can we talk about how consistently great their song titles are. What the fuck is "Don't Fill Up On Chips" haha.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

MegT585 likes this.
  7. MegT585

Trusted

Hoping for possibly a tour press this fall? Not too impressed with the just plain grey on the webstore.

smowashere likes this.
  8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

its some solid fuckin advice that's what it is.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Like that song a lot! Excited for this

I kind of like it only because the album name lol

MegT585 likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wait so are they just a two piece again? The new promo pictures are just Brian and Matt and the past music videos have just been them

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think they're still the only two permanent members, but I'm sure they will still tour with the full band.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's odd though I wonder what happened with the other two guys. They've been pretty permanent for awhile

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well that's what I'm saying, I don't think anything happened. They're probably still playing with them, they're just not going to be in the promo for the album because they're not technically members of the band. Unless they got full credit on Back On Top and I just don't remember.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'll just grab the vinyl at the show.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

their facebook members list still lists all four
    and it has been updated since the new album cycle so

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm I guess we'll see haha I feel like they were in promos and music videos for everything Back On Top so just seems weird to take them out of stuff

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Both these songs have been more acoustic based/classic sounding TFB, so I wonder if that has to do with it.

18. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

TFB and TSSB on tour together!! AHHHHHHHHH

19. MattNCheeze

Trusted

might be also a thing with writing credits, publishing roytalties, all that jazz.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I love this song. I love that it starts with him saying the word "comfortable" in that classic tfb way.

SamLevi11, local_corn and cwhit like this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Thanks for asking!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Based solely on these two songs I feel like this will have a shot at being their best record.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. I don't want to spoil the whole interview, but this was almost the title track lol
    I, errr, didn't get the chance to ask him this. I'm sorry. Might I suggest pepperjack?

24. Looking like the interview might go up Monday if not tonight.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to the song, good fun and I prefer it to the original. They aren't totally gripping me the way Cough Me Out or HELP did though. Hopefully the rest of the album does, I have full faith in this band.

OhTheWater and Aaron Mook like this.