Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - Going Grey (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Aug 23, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Opening for MCS
    Hot Chocolate Tour headliner
    Opening for SA on the Hebrews Tour
    Riot Fest 2014
    Back On Tour
    Back On Tour Part 2
    Opening for Brand New on the Devil & God Tour

I'm still not over how much damn fun they are to see. It's such a party every time they play. On the Hot Chocolate Tour at the end of Twin Size Mattress when Brian is done singing and the band finishes the song, he jumped into the crowd and crowd surfed to the back of the venue and went out the exit, and it was one of my favorite moments at any concert.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ahhh yeah I totally missed their Riot Fest set too because they played at the same time as Bouncing Souls which was my worst conflict that year

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the FBR signing really helped. during the time between teh say anything tour and the announcement they got huge

JaytotheGee and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  4. cwhit

ughhhhh i remember the first time i saw them play twelve feet deep and i hadn't heard that song before, the versions of that song before they redid it was just beautiful and amazing

i forgot i went with this girl that was a very good friend of mine in high school even though we were so so so different, i think that was the last time we ever hung, haha. i forgot we even stayed friends that long

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They are really one of those bands that I'm just so so happy to see blowing up, and I hope it just keeps going for them because they really do deserve it. I'm getting emotional now.

I knew they were going to get big when I came back from the MCS concert with the S/T album and I'd force my friends (who are not into anything close to this type of music for the most part) to listen to it driving around that summer and even they fell in love with songs like Maps and Flashlight. To this day every time we are together we inevitably put Maps on and go wild.

6. cwhit

that whole MCS tour weekend was an insanely memorable, wild weekend for me. friday night jukebox the ghost did a release show in DC, i leave the show only to find out a massive storm came through and knocked out power in the entire city/suburbs, took me hours to get home since i took the metro out there. had no power the whole next day at home, then sunday was the MCS show with TFB where i interviewed TFB. not to mention i had also received my southern air advance like a month and a half early, and at the time YC was my favorite band and that was my most anticipated album, yet due to the lack of power i couldn't listen, haha.

one of the more memorable weekends of my life just due to everything that happened

7. cwhit

also my 21th birthday party the four or so people that stayed that late ended the night with me by going off and screaming the beers, i have so many great TFB memories haha

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wound up at the same bar that Ciaran was at after a show in Portland, Maine opening for Weezer and we talked a bit. Wicked cool guy, bought me a Guinness haha.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's why they're having so much success I think. It's just so easy to form attachments to their songs and make memories around them. It's made for late night sing (scream) alongs on drunken nights and just works so well as a band to bond over.

Also House of Blues Chicago show is officially sold out. Not sure where the Metro is at, but I imagine within a couple weeks they'll be gone too.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also wow I forgot about Jukebox the Ghost. I also first heard of them when they opened for MCS. I know they had a new album not too long ago. I should check that out.

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. cwhit

they haven't had an album in a couple years but a new one is coming out soon. really fun, quirky pop rock band that i rarely listen to anymore but i saw them a ton several years back. even on newer releases i still think there is some brilliance that comes out even if stylistically i care less

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yes, Jukebox the Ghost is incredibly consistent and their new single Stay The Night is better than anything on their self-titled from 2015.

kbeef2 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Jukebox open for Hellogoodbye and then never saw or really heard anything about them again. I do remember liking them though

14. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

You're the worst. Get outta hereeeeeeee~

15. cwhit

idk, undeniable you is a brilliant song imo. the most out of the box song they've ever done

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oooh, I forgot about that one. I do like it. Also a fan of Hollywood, even if the intro is a little ehh.

17. cwhit

it reminds me of something the beatles would have done when they were really trying to push boundaries and do something new. brilliant track

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Hollywood is a jam

Long Way Home is good too even though it's cheesy as hell

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. cwhit

safe travels is probably their best, with jams of the first two. if you're more into the quirky pop stuff than straightforward pop rock then everything under the sun wins, best mix of the weirdness from their first one with the straightforward piano pop stuff of later on

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, second one might have have some of their best songs, but you can't deny Safe Travels' production.

21. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

new song is really really awesome i love it so much

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Took a while for this song to grow on me but I really like it. Band have gotten better with every release and hopefully they continue that.

23. Hey everyone! Interviewing The Front Bottoms this week for this site and I would love some user-submitted questions if you've got any!

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

New song? Pre-orders? Both? It's Front Bottoms season folks.

Ugly Mug and local_corn like this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

After the band released the Rose EP, didn't they say there were going to be 'grandma' EPs? We never got any more.

Aaron Mook and mattfreaksmeout like this.