Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms - Champagne Jam 2016 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 17, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Aug 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 31, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

Ballroom

The Front Bottoms
    Screaming Females
    Brick + Mortar
    Ezra Furman

Marlin Room
    LVL UP
    Diet Cig
    Will Miles
    American Trappist

The Studio
    Hodera
    The Big Easy
    Dollys
    Secret Mountain

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah. Was really disappointed this didn't happen last year so I'm excited to see it return!

Penguin likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

How many years have they done this? Just 2014?

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yupp. They did holiday show in 2013 too but it was just a normal 4 band kind of thing.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Emperor X played 2014 so it was the best festival of all time

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Did the other two bands get revealed?

7. cwhit

they need a jank replacement as well

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Got a gut feeling Jeff Rosenstock may headline the second stage, and thought maybe Beach Slang was a possibility as well until recently. Really not sure who else other than a Pinegrove/Microwave level band that I see in those spots.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

10. cwhit

11. Shrek

I'm seeing Bouncing Souls/Anti-Flag at Irving the night before this, kinda feels like a festival weekend. I've been checking for an announcement daily for a couple of weeks but I suspect we won't hear anything until the Brand New tour wraps.

12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I've been hoping for Pinegrove as one of the ??? bands since this was announced. It's conveniently right after the Kevin Devine tour ends.

13. cwhit

that seems very legit for the diet cig stage

14. Shrek

One month off and still no additions announced. I wonder, would Joyce Manor be considered "too big" to headline stage 2, or be direct support for TFB on the main? Their spring tour isn't hitting NYC.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It's sold out.

16. Shrek

Yeah, has been for a while.

17. Shrek

Two weeks away, and it hasn't even been mentioned since the initial announcement. Starting to fear a cancellation.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I doubt it will be outright cancelled. I'd be really bummed if that was the case.

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My guess would be that it's still happening but they aren't adding any more bands.

20. Shrek

Yeah, in hindsight that worry seems misplaced. I would definitely be upset if no more bands were added, though. My buddy I'm going with has been waiting to see if the bands added makes it worth being exhausted for his final the next morning, and if no one gets added he will almost certainly bail.

21. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Yeah I'm surprised it's 2 weeks away AND sold out and there's nothing yet....not like another band will take tickets away from TFB fans or anything lol

22. zack33107

Regular

Isn't it logical to assume Kevin Devine, who has an NYC show 12/8, needs to be added?

23. Shrek

Why would it be logical for an artist to play a market twice in ten days? Not saying it's impossible or hasn't happened before, but I would be less than whelmed.

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin Devine also played this last time it happened, and it looks like they're trying to avoid repeats.

25. Morgan

Morgan

Same deal with Something In The Way fest the week after. There was supposed to be more announced and it just hasn't.