Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms / Basement / Bad Bad Hats Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Aug 23, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They posted a clip from their Boston show, and I'm honestly shocked at how loud the crowd was for You Used To Say. Has me so ready for this week!

2. thisisnotbrianm Oct 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2017)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Enjoyed tonight's set a lot more than last nights.

You Used to Say (Holy Fuck)
    Skeleton
    Far Drive
    Funny You Should Ask
    West Virginia
    The Plan (Fuck Jobs)
    Vacation Towb
    HELP
    Maps
    2YL
    Au Revoir (Adios)
    Flashlight
    Everyone but You
    Peace Sign
    Cough it Out
    Grand Finale
    The Beers
    Don't Fill Up on Chips
    Twin Size Mattress
    --------------
    Jim Bogart
    Father
    Ocean

Merch:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Notes:
    - Surprised at how big the reaction was to all of the new songs, considering the album has only been out for a week. The crowd didn't let up for them.
    - The new lineup is awesome. Love the woman playing various strings, percussion, and trumpet. Really added some nice touches to the songs.
    - You could really tell that the band was having a ton of fun on stage, and they sounded really tight too.

Overall a great show. Definitely recommend going if you're on the fence. I had a ton of fun singing and dancing along and I'm sure you will, too.

Sorry the merch picture of the shirts is so bad. The lighting was awful and it made it hard to focus.

bachna84 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh sure, they have vinyl on tour, but they haven't been able to ship mine yet...
    (Just kidding I'll be patient)

I'm getting so excited for this. I'm so happy the crowds have been reacting great to the new song. I can't stop going back to it.

4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

So they’ve played every new song except raining. kinda surprised by that!

5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Hearing odd things about their Starland Ballroom show tonight (home state gig). Crowd was silent for Talon songs and material from their first two albums.

6. Grato

Regular

yikes are they really one of those bands now? Coulda sworn that they had "dedicated" fans for lack of a better word. Some of my fondest memories are how loud crowds would sing along to Flashlight, The Beers, Adios and Twin Sized Mattress

7. TerrancePryor

From what I'm hearing, more people were going crazier over the newer stuff (Back On Top & Going Grey) than the old material. To be fair, I wouldn't expect many people to lose their mind over "Lipstick Covered Magnet" or "Flying Model Rockets" today.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean they signed to FBR for the last two albums, it makes total sense the newer stuff gets bigger reactions

9. SPine

Trusted

Yes can't wait to get the vinyl. I'll be at Cle/ Columbus!

10. TerrancePryor

But this was a show in their home state, though. BIG difference. Lots of old school fans in the house. "Flying Model Rockets" used to be a fan favorite here until they took it from the setlist.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Phenomenal show tonight. Appreciated the three song encore, but definitely always close with Twin Size Mattress.

JaytotheGee and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yup, I was really impressed by the band, the sound quality, the crowd size and enthusiasm. Great time. Though I would have liked “cough it out” :(

btr likes this.
  13. zack33107

Regular

I was there on the floor and I really think the reaction was just pretty astoudning across the board. I was shocked people new all of the lyrics to Going Grey, but all songs were pretty equal

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What time have The Front Bottoms been going on every night?

Also, any clue what the GG vinyl is at the shows?

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

These are set times for Cleveland

7:30-7:55 Bad Bad Hats
    8:10-8:50 Basement
    9:15-10:45 The Front Bottoms

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They have them this early?

That really works well for me, because I'll be pushing it to make it downtown by 8:30/8:45

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

@JaytotheGee does the set time sheet have merch prices on them? ;-p

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Haha no, but I'm sure it's the same prices as the merch pics above. $25 shirts, $20 vinyl/posters!

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I haven't seen TFB headline since three and a half years ago (before BOT came out) so I'm VERY excited for tomorrow night.

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If this doesn’t sell out I may check this out. Could be fun.

21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Would anyone be interested in buying my Philly tickets for this? Face value.my girlfriend wants to do something else that night and I figure I can just go to Champagne instead.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This band is so bonkers live. Tonight was my 6th time seeing them and they’re better and better every single time. Great set too.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  23. SPine

Trusted

Amazing show. I've been coming down with some sort of illness. So glad I forced myself to go. Missed Basement and Bad Bad Hats but will catch the whole show in Columbus. Setlist was so good but wish we got tattooed tears, cough it out, or laugh til I cry. 10 songs off the new album was a little excessive but the crowd never stopped singing. Don't know if that Agora show can ever be topped for me but they're just so good live.

Turkeylegz and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout Oct 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2017)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm so happy I can see them two nights in a row. I hope they change up at least like 8 songs. I love that they're a band who change it up every night. Makes me not think twice about going 2 nights in a row.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I got there right before Basement...honestly regret not stopping for a drink somewhere off E. 4th because I had little desire to see Basement (although they weren't bad) and got downtown a little earlier than I would have liked.

They played 9 off the new album, not 10. But yeah, that's still insane. I'm stunned they only played 2 songs off BOT and only played 1 of the 4 main singles from that album. No problems there for me though because I'd rather hear stuff from the first two albums. Glad they played Swimming Poolfor the first time on the tour. Would have loved Flying Model Rockets or Lipstick but all in all a pretty great set. Not sure if it tops the time I saw them at Musica in 2013 or MaHalls in 2014, but it was certainly close.

JaytotheGee likes this.