Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Front Bottoms – “Vacation Town” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

I really liked "Raining" but I love this even more. Can't wait for this album!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

His lyrics are my favorite.

4. don't fret

Oh man I never thought they would go back to this sound. So good!

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This song is so good. I like Raining too.

Interesting that the video is just Brian and Matt. I think the other guys are still in the band though. I recall them being in the Raining video.

6. Their new promo picture is just those two.

Honeymagnolia likes this.
  7. Furman

Way better than "raining"!

8. Sybil

Regular

Definitely much better than "Raining".....still cautious about this album though. Their last two really didnt stick with me at all after a month or so.

9. I don't want to burst any bubbles, but if you've only liked their debut, this album will probably not be for you

10. Sybil

Regular

Damn :(. But I do think that Twin-Sized Mattress is a classic TFB song and that came after the debut.

Chinesefood likes this.
  11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

@Sybil That's a great avatar!

12. I would DEFINITELY encourage you to still give it a listen. It's a good album. There are moments that reflect their first two albums. Just know that most of it expands on the poppier and more experimental feel of Back on Top.

Who knows, though. Maybe you'll love it!

13. Sybil

Regular

Turkeylegz likes this.
  14. Sybil

Regular

That makes me curious to ask......what tracks, or moments, from Back On Top do you consider "experimental"?

15. Hah, not exactly "experimental" in like, the traditional sense. (Does that make sense?) Experimental for The Front Bottoms. More full-band songs, more keyboards, bigger hooks. Moments like GDP's verse on "Historic Cemetery" and the doo-wop gospel of "Plastic Flowers" comes to mind. Self-plug, but I actually interviewed Brian yesterday (it should publish Monday) and he mentioned the "anything goes" attitude of Back on Top carried over into making the new album.

JRGComedy and Turkeylegz like this.
  16. Sybil

Regular

Okay, gotcha. Huh, well! Guess I'll have to wait and listen. Their debut sound and style will always hold a place in my heart. I liked the Grandma ROSE EP stuff too kind of. And a handful of tracks total from Talon and BoT(but rarely do they reach the debut's level for myself).

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Like I said, definitely still worth listening to! Didn't mean to discourage you from trying. I like the album quite a bit, and maybe you will too. Just figured it might go down a little smoother if I gave you some idea of what to expect, haha

18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Is it safe to assume at this point there won't be another grandma EP for awhile?

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This one post has got me extra excited for this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

They have said in an interview recently that it's possible but they aren't really looking to rush one out.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  21. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Oh boy, chiming in to basically say the same thing. So much better than Raining. I am loving this!

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Funny, I like "Raining" a lot more. But this one's still a jam!

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I like it all. Everything they do is flames

24. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I've never listened to this band until today, but really enjoyed this song and the video! I will check out their back catalogue now!

25. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Raining was miles better than this in my opinion. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard in this one.