Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fourth Anniversary of Chorus.fm

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today marks the official fourth anniversary of launching this website.

Another year, and wow, are we in the middle of some weird shit right now. I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank everyone for visiting this website every single day and, specifically, to everyone that helps support us. With all the uncertainty in the world right now, turning to the one constant I’ve always had, working on this website and listening to good music, has been comforting. I’m currently in the middle of a redesign of the entire homepage, and I hope to have that completed within the next few months. I’ve tried to turn all of this “at home time” into something productive, and I’m excited to share the results with everyone in the near future. I’ve been documenting some of the process in my weekly newsletter.

I hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Some of the stats from the past year:

• 3,467 new articles posted on the main site. (16,553 total)
    • 530,082 words were published last year. (2,405,320 total)
    • 948,794 new forum posts were made. (3,648,860 total)

2. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

This community keeps me sane, makes me feel worth (in a healthy way) and allows me to continue having the best taste in music among everyone i know :).

3. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Happy anniversary! This is an everyday site for me. It's been super cool to watch this community grow.

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Four years?!?! Holy crap!!! Where did the time go? Very glad I migrated over here from AP. It’s been a great place to learn and grow in both music and social and political issues. This place has been instrumental in me discovering great artists and shedding some of the flawed ideas I had grown up with. It’s so awesome this site can do some many things at once! Thanks for all of that!

5. pbueddi

Trusted

Insane how time flies.

hiddentrack and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

[​IMG]

slickdtc likes this.
  7. Thank you so much for all you do, Jason. I remember being in high school and discovering AbsolutePunk and it’s amazing to think of the impact your community has had on my life (and the lives of so many others) over the past 10+ years.

Happy 4th Chorus - here’s to many more!

8. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

From Ap to Chorus. I feel like I’ve been here for the majority of my life. Loved the site then, love the site now. Happy Anniversary!

9. Happy anniversary! Thanks for everything Jason and others in the Chorus team! I'm glad to be here and can't believe it's been four years!

10. TomG

Trusted Supporter

How many of those forum posts were ranking discographies?

Mary V, JRGComedy and Jason Tate like this.
  11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wow has it really been 4 years!... I also forgot it was on April Fools day haha.

Awesome community and Chorus is easily my most viewed site daily.

12. 182% of them

Mr. Serotonin, Jason Tate and Brent like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Thank you. The site and its members are the best.

Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Jay Evan

I've Made A Huge Mistake

Am I the only one that thought it was an April Fools joke 4 years ago when I saw AP.net was rebranded?

16. [​IMG]

17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

woah, I'd think it's been more like 2 years.. bot wow! Thanks for everything!

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Congrats and cheers to many more!

Happy to support with a small monthly donation to keep things moving along. I feel about Chorus like I do about Spotify; the price tag is nothing compared to the value it brings to me.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. albatrossskyer

w00tSTAR Worldwide

and how many years of aP?

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I like chorud

22. Some version AP was founded somewhere around 1996.

Mr. Serotonin and KidLightning like this.
  23. Snowisfun

Newbie Supporter

@Jason Tate thank you for keeping this site going! Cancelled my Disney + for lack of good new content, but I am never cancelling my annual subscription here, cause that is one thing this site never lacks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. I really appreciate that! :folded:

25. Time flies! Happy Anniversary Chorus!

Jason Tate likes this.