Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Band • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  2. irthesteve

3. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

4. irthesteve

WHO ARE THE BEDTIME BOYS

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is the only other mention I have seen of the name.

irthesteve likes this.
  6. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

7. irthesteve

new Sam cover with Anthony Green!

hell yeah

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I love that Nate doesn’t get on Twitter until like just this year and almost immediately becomes friends with all the big weird/left Twitter people lol

9. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Nate's twitter is just so out there, I had to unfollow. He seems to resent his popular stuff, which is sad cause I'm such a big fan of fun. I guess he made enough money to resent it, but shit his pop sensibilities infused with his voice are off the charts.

Zilla and irthesteve like this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I don’t know if it’s so much the music as it is that he just hates fame and all the bullshit that came with it. He was on the podcast Fortune Kit and talked a lot with Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade about how much he hates doing interviews

11. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Oh yea I could see that. I don't think a life with fame is better than anonymous these days. Being rich isn't worth being harassed. Short version, I still want more music in the style of fun. from him.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like he suffers hard from imposter syndrome. But he's also a total weirdo.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I also think he's just super self-deprecating and sarcastic. Like I doubt he's really as jaded as he presents himself, even though I definitely do believe he has no interest in fame or trying to make it in the pop world.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't see how preferring a private life over constant harassment is an indicator of imposter syndrome?

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think he was also being pretty truthful when he said that he writes really good sadboy music and he's not sad anymore and loves his life so doesn't really have much to write about. I just think he enjoys being a weird dad and husband. Cant blame him.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I was referring to way that he's referred to himself on Twitter, like this, in reference to the song "Shut Up and Dance."

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

wait Nate wrote Shut Up and Dance? Well he's right that it's not good

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He didn't. It was in reference to something else. But he also thinks his own music sucks.

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

No hes just saying he hates on his own shit so he can criticise other peoples.

20. WasEmoRocknowImjustold Dec 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2020)
    WasEmoRocknowImjustold

I think it's important not to translate that someone's social media personality is their personality or what they'd be like if you met them or knew them. I don't know Nate from anything but I'm sure he's a good dude and all.

Saying that his musics awesome but if he doesnt like it he should make some he does like. Kind of confusing.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Holding strong at spot #3 on Lyte for the third NYC show, lol.

23. irthesteve

I'm going to this damn show whenever it happens

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don’t care when it happens just that it does happen. I’ll wait years

ComedownMachine and irthesteve like this.
  25. irthesteve

Same.