Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. oof

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ha, just got tomorrow's show on my calendar too. Sad!

3. So does anyone know how many copies of the tour edition live at Mayan vinyl there were? I was going to add the variant to Discogs.

4. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Nates Twitter handle is now "starting tomorrow"

Can't tell if means anything but I hope it does

Maybevictor and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

OoOoOoOooooOOOooooOOOo I hope it's actually something

Maybevictor likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

New music?

7. shea

RIP Supporter

I may die if there is new music from them tomorrow or some kind of announcement.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it bad to think that the July dates probably aren’t going to happen? Does anyone else think that?

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Nah I’m pretty sure they won’t happen. I don’t See NYC or Chicago green lighting mass gatherings that soon and even if AZ gives them the ok I bet Nate and Sam won’t feel comfortable doing the shows and risking everyone’s health.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

0% chance.

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Absolutely not happening

I do hope the shows themselves get postponed a year or something. Really don’t want to go through the buying process again.

Allhailburnzy and Renee like this.
  12. irthesteve

I think they'll just move them again

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Still third in line on Lyte for the third NYC date, lol.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. Renee Apr 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2020)
    Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

July is not happening but as long as my ticket is still good, I will wait another decade if I have to. I dont want to, but it'll be worth it. I can't imagine the rescheduling scramble/headache that'll be happening when concerts are on again, though.

The DVD being on Prime has helped a lot, but then I get to If Work Permits and lose my shit when Nate lets the crowd sing

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nate should do a virtual livestream

Renee likes this.
  16. irthesteve

Sam posted that they are putting up new the Format merch tomorrow morning, in the pic you can see the tour poster. Makes me wonder if they are going to be selling the tour merch online because they tour is gonna be cancelled :/

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I can’t see the tour going on as planned. Someone said in The Format Facebook group that The Bowery said they are opening back up in mid June but surely that’s not happening anymore, I presume. No way the Chicago show happens since in order for the shows to happen we have to be in phase five (which is either a vaccine or widely effective treatment plan and we are only in phase two).

What would suck but will probably be likely is the shows get cancelled and they happen next year but since they were cancelled there’s a whole new ticket sale.

18. irthesteve

Yeah unfortunately I agree with everything you say here

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I really don’t want to go through another ticket sale

Drewski likes this.
  20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It would definitely suck for everyone who managed to get a ticket, and I’m sure there would be a lot of outrage from those people. If the venues were bigger and everyone had a chance to get tickets then it wouldn’t be a big issue, but since the venues are small...it would definitely be annoying to have to go through it all again.

21. irthesteve

I can imagine it must be really tough for artists with current tours that have high demand. On one hand, you want someone who worked hard to get a ticket to be able to use that ticket on the re-scheduled dates. On the other hand, you don't want to feel like you are keeping someone's money hostage for a year.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I thought what Phish for summer tour 2020 was pretty interesting. They took the entire tour and moved it to summer 2021—same venues, and basically the same dates. You can request a refund up until May 31 or you can keep your tickets and use them next summer.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

this is what I think most artists should do, but with a longer refund window

Drewski likes this.
  24. irthesteve

Yeah I think that's the best solution when possible. To reschedule with new dates, but offer both options.

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Over a year since people paid for most folks if the new dates are after the (first original) dates. Crazy!

irthesteve likes this.