Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Band • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

they could allow resell websites where you ONLY sell at face value

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Very true, that definitely seems like the best option imo. I have no problem with someone not wanting their ticket to go to waste while also not eating the cost of it

3. TapDatApp

who knows Supporter

Looking for 1 Saturday NYC ticket. Can pay above face value to make it worth your time.

4. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

If anyone knows of a hookup on a ticket for the March 29th date, let me know. I know it sounds ridiculous to ask here, but figured I’d give it a shot.

5. CoachBalke

Regular

You guys think there will be an opener? Multiple? Or moreso presented as a night with The Format long set, some talking etc.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It says guest for the Chicago shows

7. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

Couldn’t get away to try and get tickets, sounds like it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I tried getting my wife a ticket to go with me for the Friday show - it seemed like it was sold out the second I got on there right when the clock struck 12PM.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, for Chicago I had tab open for Eventbrite and one for Hellomerch. Tried to get four tickets immediately at noon from Eventbrite and it went searching for them for several minutes, kicked me out and gave me the choice of one ticket then kicked me out and said it was unavailable.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I see you Nate “If we decide to play more shows” Ruess

beachdude, Anthony_, EddieDS and 5 others like this.
  11. crippledmark

Newbie Supporter

12. Dog Fish

Mutt

Had a dream last night that the opener for the shows was announced. It was a band called “January.” I so hope it’s this Thai band I subsequently found on Spotify after searching.

Attached Files:

13. RyanPm40

Can we just talk about how good their first EP was real quick?

I way prefer its version of Let's Make This Moment A Crime, and At The Wake is beautiful

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

one shot two shots catchiest song ever

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Even Better Yet is like if they decided to be like a strokes or something

RyanPm40 and Leftandleaving like this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So I've been listening to nothing but The Format lately, and this is probably gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I+L holds up so much better than DP for me. I still love that second album, but there's a timelessness to the first record that just keeps me listening to it on repeat.

zigbigwig, .K., shea and 1 other person like this.
  17. Leftandleaving

Both are perfect

jordalsh likes this.
  18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

For me it’s been kind of the opposite. I’m a huge I+L fan but since the reunion started brewing I’ve been listening to dog problems non stop.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Both albums are fantastic but I was listening to Interventions earlier and it really is a good record.

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Timeless is an excellent descriptor. If I + L came out today and I had never heard of The Format I’d like it as much as I did when it’s was released years ago. Doesn’t feel like a debut.

21. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

I think all of Nate's music has that quality. Aim & Ignite still sounds fresh and it came out while I was still in middle school

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Agreed

23. RyanPm40

It's weird, I wasn't super into I + L compared to Dog Problems in high school, but lately I've been listening to I + L way more

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I+L definitely feels more like a record of its time than anything else he's done imo. It feels like a strong debut with a lot of greatness on it but I think DP is still a significant step up.

Zilla likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I think some nights sounds more dated than I+L

Guys Named Todd likes this.