Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

Tried to do the ticket bundle but someone got through before me...this is bullshit

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Damn was just trying to get 1 friday ticket for a friend and had like 4 people try and no one got in at all

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Sunday still shows unavailable rather than sold out so if anyone in chicago is still looking i'd keep refreshing the page

4. Yeahh, I'm thinking they were stuck with Ticketweb for Friday no matter what, but just did what they could for Saturday. Big ol bummer. Keeping my fingers crossed tho!

5. kkstyle

There is about 15 of us trying for max for Fri/Sat so keep in touch with JB too. I'll pull up ticketweb again just to suffer.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Chicago declared sold out.

7. I’m so bummed.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Sunday says sold out now for Chicago.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yeah that was rough.

11. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

I’m so bummed, this really sucks. I hope they add more shows but I highly doubt it. I wouldn’t be able to get those tickets either. Damn it :(

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I can’t believe in the year 2020 bands are using eventbrite for a big reunion in a small venue. Incredible

Couldn’t get chicago tickets. Super bummed.

13. tonyvalentine

Regular

Yeah, multiple devices and people and couldn’t get anything. This sucks.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

What should bands use instead? TicketWeb?

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I honestly just don't get why bands reunite and play small shows. It just seems unfair to do to people who have been holding out this long to see you. I know nobody is entitled or anything, but like why not play one small show at Lincoln Hall if you really want the small experience, but then do a show at the Aragon too so everyone can go? I guess I get it if you are planning to do a full comeback because it builds demand for your 2nd bigger run of shows, but I'm really not getting "we're fully reuniting vibes" from the Format. Hopefully I'm wrong.

16. Sigh I miss Ticketfly

17. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

I was on the page at noon and they said “select your tickets” then immediately said “sold out”. Son of a bitch!

18. Zachary Dresch

Regular Supporter

Still super pissed. I even support Eventbrite since I do comedy and music shows and promote them with Eventbrite, but for this type of event, this was a mistake

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally agree. My friend could not get a ticket for any night and is incredibly bummed and while it's exciting to see them in such a small venue, I don't think it's right at all. They knew the demand would be high, why fuck over your own fans like that?

20. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Pretty much same. I was "in line," and then it said "It's your turn!" and then it said it was sold out. I wish a middle finger emoji had just popped up instead because at least that would have been funny.

CoachBalke likes this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This reunion could have easily sold out two nights at The Metro or The Vic. Hell, it probably would have done well at The Riv.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think that they do this to gauge the public’s interest. Postal Service kind of did it that way, but it was at a giant festival instead of small venues. I have to think the response to this means they’ll be doing something bigger in the future.

Maddy likes this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They could do venue upgrades if they wanted to please more fans.

24. kkstyle

Does anyone know if we have to refresh LN/Ticketmaster browser or if it auto-routes you from the countdown page?

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Does it automatically