Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Format Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Why's that? I remember a ton of people speculating that a new American Football album would sound a lot like Owen long before we heard anything from the record, and many would argue that assumption turned out to be pretty true.

Just my opinion based on what Nate has done musically since then. He's a different artist than he was in his early twenties. Not saying he won't be able to make that switch if he were to write with Sam again.. but in my opinion we've seen that some things are better left short-lived because they stand for what they meant at the time. Not implying this will be one of those cases necessarily, but I don't think it's all that strange to speculate and give an opinion about music on a music forum just because someone else disagrees.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Because for all you know a new Format album could be Nate and Sam farting for an hour. Assuming is a waste, especially if they don't even make music together again

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The two format albums already sound like completely different bands. Hell, dog problems sounds more like aim + ignite than it does interventions + lullabies. I'm sure whatever they do would be great no matter what

4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

He did say aim + ignite basically stemmed off of a lot of ideas that would've made the next Format album.

I still don't see the harm in talking about what we think a record could potentially sound like. If that's the case, then to say that it might be great is also an assumption we shouldn't discuss.

Not saying the record would be weak.. just sparking conversation. Then again, we know they'll only make another Format record if they really feel the time is right so fingers crossed we'll get one in the first place!

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

No ones saying you can't talk about it. Just saying "it won't sound like the format" doesn't make sense because their two albums don't even sound like the same band haha. Like, what does the format sound like?

6. ..not to stir anything up, but in case no one saw this from a couple months ago at Marko's wedding...

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Oh shit, how did I miss that?!?! Dayyyyyyum

SpyKi likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah wtff

9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Hey Internet,

Where are my Dog Problems 10th anniversary think pieces?

KidLightning and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'd love to hear a new album from The Format, but neither Nate nor Sam's solo albums did much of anything for me, so I'm not outrageously hopeful even if.

I'll always have The First Single.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Happy 5th anniversary of Some Nights!

12. it's wild to me that it's been five years holy fuck

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Never did really get into that album. Though I did really enjoy Aim & Ignite.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'm the opposite. Only got into a few Aim & Ignite songs but I loooove Some Nights

FTank likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Same.

16. irthesteve

Some Nights is an all-timer for me. Aim & Ignite also, but Some Nights really took it a step further for fun. in the way that Dog Problems did for The Format

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Aim & Ignite is my favorite album ever made. Some Nights is not far behind though. Truly fantastic albums, and it's mind boggling to me that it's been 5 years since Some Nights. Such a special album to me.

Also makes me really wonder what Nate's been up to. At least Jack's been open that he's working on the Bleachers album, but it's been silence from Nate as far as I've seen.

18. irthesteve

I hope Nate's doin ok, his solo album didn't do nearly as well as he was hoping so I hope it didn't turn him off of making music too much

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

How does everybody feel about a new fun album coming out? I assume it won't be out this year since Bleachers is busy, and I kinda feel like it'll never be out

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's crazy to me that Fun. just kind of disappeared. I mean, they were on top of the world 4-5 years ago. Big tours, album selling like crazy, grammys. And then it all just stopped.

I'd honestly be surprised if they ever made another album.

21. He's getting ready to be a dad.

jordalsh likes this.
  22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Nate was (briefly) on the Hamilton Mixtape, but even that he didn't promote much. Hopefully he releases something again in the future.

23. irthesteve

Oh whattttt, that's crazy but congrats to him