Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef Ingredient Picking Extravaganza Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Justice Beaver, May 4, 2017.

1. Justice Beaver May 4, 2017
    (Last edited: May 8, 2017)
    Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Judges for the Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef contest can meet in here to discuss the week's secret ingredients.

The Rules

Anybody can participate as long as you meet the deadlines. If you miss one week don’t worry! There will be more than one opportunity to participate. Anybody can be a contestant or a judge. You can participate every time we do this or come and go as you please.

Contestants: 4 secret ingredients will be determined by the judges before the start date. Contestants will learn the ingredients on a Monday and have 1 week, 7 days, to cook and document their dishes. All submissions must be received by end of day on the following Monday in the "Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef Ingredient Picking Extravaganza Thread." If you are competing you must pinky promise not to visit the thread prior to the Monday you will compete so that the ingredients remain secret. Remember, since the judges can’t actually taste your food you are selling your narrative. Take pictures, write funny explanations, record a video, live Tweet your shopping trip. Whatever you think will appeal to the judges, use to your advantage. Does your dish suck? Lie about it. Or be brutally honest and funny. Treat your dish like it’s being served in a Michelin starred restaurant or create a County Fair-worthy abomination. It’s up to you!

Judges: You will meet in "The Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef Ingredient Picking Extravaganza Thread" and work to select the 4 secret ingredients collaboratively with the other judges. Ingredients must be selected by the end of day the Sunday before a competition. You will also be responsible for reading and scoring each of the contestant’s entries.

Points Breakdown:

5 points are awarded for Plating and Appearance

5 points are awarded for Originality

5 points are awarded for Use of the Secret Ingredient

10 points are awarded for Online Presentation

Contestants can score up to 25 points and we will take the average of the Judges scores to declare a winner.

Other Stuff:

Nobody gets eliminated, nobody really wins anything besides sick bragging rights. This is really just a way for us to come together as a community and share our voices and our cooking.

Schedule:

Tentatively we can try and shoot for the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. This is subject to change and really depends on participation.

Dirty Sanchez, Ken and dadbolt like this.
  2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

that's cute that you think me knowing the ingredients early would give me some kind of an advantage

3. AelNire May 4, 2017
    (Last edited: May 4, 2017)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I can't find an open your baskets gif for OP.........what dafuq..........when have I ever not been able to deliver to some extent on an appropriate gif.

ChaseTx, Mr. Serotonin and dadbolt like this.
  4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

1. Chicken breast
    2. Cinnamon
    3. Cilantro
    4. Scallions
    5. Tomatoes
    6. Potatoes
    7. Shredded Cheese
    8. Garlic
    9. Brown rice
    10. Pepper
    11. Cayenne Pepper

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

We need to take into consideration price and availability of ingredients too. My brain went straight for the weird prob can't find foods.

Mr. Serotonin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

my first ingredient is A1

y'all have fun

Mr. Serotonin and Joe4th like this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Some kind of hot pepper, like ghost peppers or something.

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Serrano peppers are gud.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

My ingredient is Skittles

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

okay, so are we trying to kill the judges? X-(

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Nerds-Rope-Rainbow.png

12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

@Justice Beaver can you copy and paste the rules you typed up to the first post in this thread

13. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Got you homie.

Chorus.fm and the Food Thread Present: Sort of Chopped

The Rules

Anybody can participate as long as you meet the deadlines. If you miss one week don’t worry! There will be more than one opportunity to participate. Anybody can be a contestant or a judge. You can participate every time we do this or come and go as you please.

Contestants: 4 secret ingredients will be determined by the judges before the start date. Contestants will learn the ingredients on a Monday and have 1 week, 7 days, to cook and document their dishes. All submissions must be received by end of day on the following Monday in the "Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef Ingredient Picking Extravaganza Thread." If you are competing you must pinky promise not to visit the thread prior to the Monday you will compete so that the ingredients remain secret. Remember, since the judges can’t actually taste your food you are selling your narrative. Take pictures, write funny explanations, record a video, live Tweet your shopping trip. Whatever you think will appeal to the judges, use to your advantage. Does your dish suck? Lie about it. Or be brutally honest and funny. Treat your dish like it’s being served in a Michelin starred restaurant or create a County Fair-worthy abomination. It’s up to you!

Judges: You will meet in "The Food Thread's Chopped/Iron Chef Ingredient Picking Extravaganza Thread" and work to select the 4 secret ingredients collaboratively with the other judges. Ingredients must be selected by the end of day the Sunday before a competition. You will also be responsible for reading and scoring each of the contestant’s entries.

Points Breakdown:

5 points are awarded for Plating and Appearance

5 points are awarded for Originality

5 points are awarded for Use of the Secret Ingredient

10 points are awarded for Online Presentation

Contestants can score up to 25 points and we will take the average of the Judges scores to declare a winner.

Other Stuff:

Nobody gets eliminated, nobody really wins anything besides sick bragging rights. This is really just a way for us to come together as a community and share our voices and our cooking.

Schedule:

Tentatively we can try and shoot for the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. This is subject to change and really depends on participation.

14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Could you edit it into the first post?

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Judge Joe in the house

16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Jelly beans
    Steak
    Marshmallows
    milk

First dish = milk steak!!!

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This will be entertaining

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

All in favor for milk steak, say: "yay"

yay

musicfan9795 likes this.
  19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Contestants have to drink an entire bottle of A1 as they're cooking and before time is up.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's the best rule

Dirty Sanchez and AelNire like this.
  21. angrycandy

we're never gonna be able to pick ingredients...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This thread is going to turn into another A1 thread :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

23. angrycandy

we're really making a lot of headway here

Justice Beaver likes this.
  24. angrycandy

my first ingredient is peanut butter

do my fellow judges agree with this
    choice?

I'm high af rn and have no idea what I'm doing but we gotta do something

Dirty Sanchez and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

IT'S GO TIME LETS GET COOKIN. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. TOO MANY CHEFS IN THE KITCHEN? MORE LIKE TOO FEW. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY YOU DONKEYS. THE BASS IS FUCKING RAW. DROP THE BEETS.