Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Stay safe, Central Florida. Luckily, my neighborhood came through with just branches and leaves scattered. The power did blank out about five times last night, but power's still good here.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

still good here. it's really windy tho

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Weather is nice in Tallahassee

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Super nice

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in Daytona Beach and just got back into town after evacuating. There's no power and everything is a mess. The bridges are still closed so I can't make it over to beach side just yet. I know the pier was taken out and basically anyone who had a dock no longer has one. And what appears to be a miracle - my apartment is fine and still standing. Really thought it was going to get flattened out. I grabbed everything I couldn't replace and left everything else. It's weird coming to terms that you may have to start over.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  6. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

That's craziness. I've been visiting family in MI for the last week, so I've been following everything on the news and whatnot. I'm heading home tomorrow, but I live in Tampa Bay so I'm not really concerned with what I'm heading back to. Can't even imagine your situation.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Alright, how are we looking, guys?

8. angrycandy

I'm great. Sun is shining and the sky is clear. Hope everyone made it out alright.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's good. I'm in Tally and the weather is great haha. My girlfriend still has power and only very minor damage. Though I'm a little worried because they're going neighborhood by neighborhood in Jax and going "this one is okay" but they've skipped my neighborhood and the beaches, the latter of which I know is fucked up. Sooooo haha

angrycandy likes this.
  10. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Weather's been awesome in Sarasota. Bit windy yesterday morning but since then it's been fine. No rain at all.

11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Sunny today - but I've been cleaning up since 8:30 this morning and I've barely made a dent. If I could figure out how to post pictures directly from my phone I would.

12. angrycandy

I've been there. Godspeed

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I really hope everyone and their homes are okay. We got lucky compared to, say, Haiti. It's always very scary and breaks my heart. Luckily I live in Tampa bay so I wasn't affected at all and I feel very fortunate for that. My house certainly wouldn't have survived.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

My house was fine; downtown St. Augustine and the beach not so much. I'm not sure on the full extent of the beach damage because it's been closed most of the day but downtown had a lot of flooding. Vilano Beach got pretty roughed up too.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lets chill alien

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

If you scoped me out you would see I clearly live in South Florida these days ALIEN. You're from a different planet and I don't hate.

lish likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Final. Day

18. Mr. Serotonin

The weather is atrocious here today. Definitely doesn't feel like it's almost December.

19. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm over here in Daytona and it feels more like August than anything outside. We need more cold fronts.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow! It's been perfect down here by Ft Laudy, some people have been saying unseasonably cool. I love it.

21. angrycandy

what's good

lish likes this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

Lucky. It's 77 in Tallahassee, humid and rainy.

23. angrycandy

word

lish likes this.
  24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I was just outside again and my tired mind made it seem hotter than it was I think. It's actually really nice out. Haha

oldjersey likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

So I'm driving down to Naples in January. Any suggestions for which city to check out for a night? Since I am coming from PA, I want to stop somewhere in Florida overnight that is 2-5 hours from Naples, as I have to arrive in Naples by 12 noon the next day. I'm thinking either the Kissimmee area or Tampa/St. Peter. I'm dying to go to Miami as I've never been, and that's only a 2 hour drive from where I'm going, but I'm concerned that I'll have to drive too many hours on the day I'd arrive in Miami to fully enjoy the town.