Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lol yeah pinellas is completely covered....

Also yikes Joe727. I only have to go to Clearwater and not until around 7 so hopefully things will be calm by then. Sigh. I hate having to work in this.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

My street is already starting to flood. Great. I have to go out in an hour and a half to pick up my wife. Wish me luck!

3. supernovagirl

Good luck!!

My neighborhood is alwaysssss floody so I am relieved that my work just cancelled so now I don't have to leave

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  4. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

They're closing the Sunshine Skyway.

5. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I may be down here in West Palm Beach, but the rain isn't kind to us either

6. JimmyIymmiJ

We're officially under a Tropical Storm Warning now. Kind of surprised it took this long honestly.

7. joe727

Took a nap and when I woke up first thing I thought was "wow the weather is not that bad" then I realized the power was out. It's been out for nearly 2 hours.

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Not too bad here so far. You all doing okay?

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's been about to rain for four hours now.

10. supernovagirl

It's been raining steadily on and off and the wind got pretty bad as well. But I haven't ventured outside the house. I am sure the roads are quite flooded.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Still nothing

12. Matthew

Regular

Currently on I-95... so scary out here right now.

13. angrycandy

Rain and wind have picked up a lot in the last hour here. I would hate to be on the interstate right now. Be careful

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Why the fuck would you be on that road? It's terrifying without the storm

15. Matthew

Regular

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We just got out of the storm after about an hour and a half of driving through it. Usually there's storms like this when I make this trip but never as bad as this

16. JimmyIymmiJ

We've had some spots here and there, but overall it's not been bad. Had a 10 minute period where I thought there was a tornado in my backyard, but excluding that it's been pretty quiet.

17. supernovagirl

I think it's funny that we all must be pretty close to each other

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  18. JimmyIymmiJ

Yeah, I've gathered that as well.

19. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Just finished the 4 hour drive from Miami back to Wesley Chapel and besides a little rain and random wind bursts outside of Ft Myers it was nothing scary, felt like a typical Florida rainstorm. Did see the Skyway was closed which was pretty smart and the FDOT signs telling people not to drive with their hazards on which I'd never seen before and wholeheartedly approve of. I'm just glad I don't have to drive further up the state.

20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty surprised Miami didn't get any rain today.

21. zporter92

Regular

Tallahassee is getting hit hard; my girlfriend said they lost power hours ago. 20,000 without power as of like two hours ago. Thankfully most places like Publix closed earlier...that place sucks to drive around in on a normal day, but when my girlfriend left the hospital she said there hadn't been any major wrecks or anything during her shift

22. Jose

weightless in the valley

Hope those of you who lost power get it back soon!

Miami has been bone dry all day so I'm quite thankful for that.

23. joe727

Luckily my power came back on right before it got dark.

24. angrycandy

My power is out, the road in front of my house is littered with tree branches and leaves, it looks like the apocalypse out there. Hoping everyone is okay

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  25. joe727 Sep 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2016)
    joe727

I've been up for a few hours, and it was real bad earlier. It's alright now though, wind died down and not raining. I just drove my mom to work and the roads here weren't bad at all.