Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Change of plans, Key West visit cancelled. Oh well, I wasn't feeling it anyway.

2. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

For Tampa Bay people: They're going to start a passenger ferry that will go from downtown St Pete to downtown Tampa. It will be a six month pilot project that starts in November. It sounds cool so hopefully it does well so it becomes permanent

Anything that involves mass transit in Florida i'm for and it usually never works out for us. Idiots voted down the planned light rail line from Clearwater to St Pete last year, and fucking Rick Scott killed the Tampa to Orlando high speed rail line that we voted for in 2000.

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yesss to all of this. I'm still salty about the lack of tampa to orlando rail.
    I am excited for the ferry but realistically hopefully won't live here for that long after it's finished

joe727 likes this.
  4. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I can't imagine myself ever using that, but I'm glad it's coming because you have to start somewhere. I'm still mad about everything that went down with the rail as well!

5. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I would have LOVED the West Palm to Orlando rail if it had gone through. And if Tri-Rail expanded up to Palm Beach Gardens, it would make my upcoming school commute so much easier.

6. joe727 Aug 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2016)
    joe727

The Orlando to South Florida line is actually still happening and should be operational by next year.

It'll go from Miami to Fort Lauderdale to West Palm to Orlando. Once Rick Scott denied federal funding and killed the original tri-rail idea a private corporation came in and took over that part of the rail.

They might expand it to Tampa Bay and Jacksonville in the future so there is hope for the rest of us.

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. joe727

Tropical Storm Hermine is coming, stay safe ya'll.

8. Jose

weightless in the valley

In my 10 years of living here I think I've only been once and it was two months after I moved here. Quite the initiation.

9. supernovagirl

You're 727? Cause like....,,it's here lol.
    School got closed tomorrow so I'm happy.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  10. JimmyIymmiJ

I've settled in with the essentials -- beer, pizza, and video games.

11. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I am only going out for pot, food, and batteries

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  12. joe727

Everything is fine here so far, not even raining. Forecast says Pinellas should just be getting wind and rain today, and that thunderstorms won't start until tomorrow.

I'm optimistic that this will be yet another overhyped but ultimately underwhelming storm. There might be some light flooding on the highways, and they'll probably close the bridges due to high winds, but nothing serious will come of it.

TBH I haven't experienced a storm that was truly terrifying to go through since Hurricane Charley back in 2004.

Jose and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  13. JimmyIymmiJ

Yesterday was pretty crazy with all the rain. My commute was nuts. I'm a teacher so work is cancelled today, but my wife still has to go to work. It's looking like it'll be pretty crazy again come mid-day.

14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Nothing here so far but I'm preparing for the worst. It'll probably be another overhyped storm but Tropical Storm Debby is enough of a reminder for me to take this very seriously. Hope everyone is safe

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  15. JimmyIymmiJ

The flooding was what really concerned me. There was some flooding throughout the day yesterday with all the rain, but it's been pretty quiet since last night, so that helps. My cousin's apartment complex was evacuated because of it.

16. supernovagirl

Yeah ts Debbie flooded my neighborhood and totalled my car because of it. The floods are no joke.
    I'll probably just stay in all day today, not worth going out in.
    I hope it clears up by Saturday night because I want to go to ybor

17. Osceola13 Sep 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2016)
    Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Of course a storm comes through when they're replacing the stucco on my house which is already a construction nightmare. Fingers crossed I come back to a dry, undamaged house. Also never buy from Pulte.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yay, no work or school.

19. JimmyIymmiJ

It hasn't done anything yet here. Yesterday was awful all day. My daughter has been really excited (she's 5) because all she's heard about lately is this big storm. She's really disappointed, haha. Oh to be that young and carefree again....

20. joe727

Rain just started here in Dunedin, just sprinkling so far.

21. JimmyIymmiJ

Nothing here yet in Seminole, but I hear it.

Edit: Just went outside, and I guess it did sprinkle here too. Definitely see the start of it over the Gulf.

22. supernovagirl

I wonder how flooded the roads are. I wasn't really planning on leaving the house but I got roped into taking a shift

23. joe727

Parts of St Pete are pretty bad I think. There are gators swimming in the middle of MLK blvd.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I don't live in FL but this looks scary

[​IMG]

25. JimmyIymmiJ

It has begun...