Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I'm a sucker for a philly cheesesteak

2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Born and raised in Miami (Baptist Hospital represent) til I was 13, then forced to live in VA til I could return to this gloriously humid and sun-drenched land for college. I've lived in the Tampa area since 2003 and enjoy it, traffic can be ridiculous but never as bad as the nightmare that is driving in Miami where a bunch of my family still lives and I get to play the game of "what's the stupidest thing that driver could do here?" and most times they end up doing it.

Meerkat likes this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Florida drivers are the fucking worst

JimmyIymmiJ and Jose like this.
  4. Literal

#1 Dawg

Lived 45 minutes north of Tampa all my life until 8 months ago.

Living in Oregon now and missing Publix subs every god damn day.

5. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I had an Ultimate for lunch. Bonus points for being on sale this week. :hearteyes:

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Ultimate on wheat is my shit

7. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Picked up Publix subs to take to the beach tomorrow. Hitting up Indian Rocks Beach Fest tomorrow with the family.

8. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Just ordered the book "Weird Florida" from Amazon. Hyped to read it.

angrycandy likes this.
  9. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

I miss publix subs so much

I've tried Safeway subs at various stops on the west coast but they're not quite the same

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Any Orlando people here on Chorus?

I have a potential job there that I'll have a hard time turning down if things work out.

11. eight30

Regular

I'm in Orlando! Have been for basically my whole life.

Night Channels likes this.
  12. Night Channels

Trusted

Awesome

I'll probably have quite a few questions for you if I end up there, especially about places to live.

13. eight30

Regular

I'd be happy to answer. Renting is tough here, things get rented so quick. Where is your potential job at?

Night Channels likes this.
  14. Night Channels

Trusted

I'll be teaching English and coaching football at a high school.

What you're saying about renting scares me a little bit. I was looking at some places near Winter Park a few days, but I haven't really done much research yet.

15. Mr. Serotonin

It is hot as fuck out. The summer sucks here unless I'm at the beach or pool.

16. eight30

Regular

Oh, nice! Yeah Winter Park is a really nice area with a lot of interesting restaurants and cool places to go. It is also super hot here already so prepare yourself if you're coming in the summer.

17. wanielledalsh

Hunger makes me a modern girl

I lived at Orlando's beach the majority of my life. I miss publix more than anything. The grocery stores in the north east are the worst.

18. Mr. Serotonin

It's 93 degrees out and I'm about as far north as you can get in FL

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Tampa bay native here. I do love the location. Florida is crazy sometimes and I do find myself wanting out...but I still appreciate it. I love tampa bay/pinellas county because it's a peninsula.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  20. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Hope everyone here is safe in Orlando. Have a ton of friends there. Situation is so fucking awful.

21. eight30

Regular

The Christina Grimmie thing hit close to home because I've gone to so many shows here and stayed after for meet and greets so many times. But I've been to Pulse countless times and I was just at Pulse last weekend and last night we were talking about the next time we'd go back. Something you'd never think would actually happen in your backyard.

Hope everyone's loved ones are safe.

22. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Rick Scott just declared a state of emergency for the entire state.

23. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Stayed in downtown Orlando last night after the Thrice show and woke up to a bunch of texts from friends and family, then my Facebook app demanding to know if I was safe or not because my location had me in an "unsafe zone" because I was a mile and a half from what happened.

24. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

It's so awful. Two shootings in a week.

25. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I almost panicked in the morning because the club is near the hospital my uncle has been at for the last few days. Still can't believe these last two days.