Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

All of my Florida vacations have been to the Orlando area, so I don't know much about any of the beach cities. Never been to Ft Lauderdale but from what I've heard its a nice place to take a spring break without the insane Miami crowd

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

A1A (The beach) is beautiful, I would recommend looking for Hotels around Las Olas Blvd, it's really the nicest part of Fort Lauderdale with tons of bars/restaurants to choose from.

Mason and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Delray beach in SoFla and Seagrove/Destin area in the panhandle are pretty ace as well for that sorta thing

4. Mason

Regular

I'd second the Las Olas Blvd. recommendation. I grew up right outside of Fort Lauderdale and its definitely one of the nicer areas to visit.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

If you’re on the east coast and are in the path of this hurricane, I hope you stay safe! It just got upgraded to be a category 4 once it hits, so I’m boarding up my house this weekend.

figureitout and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My friend is flying down to Orlando for a week long vacation this weekend. Better bring a rain jacket...

8. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I’m in Tampa Bay and a bunch of places are already running out of water and gas. The chaos begins...

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm in Tallahassee and it's happening here. People are so fuckin' dumb.

supernovagirl and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Me too, where are you at :eyeglass:

11. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin and supernovagirl like this.
  12. supernovagirl Aug 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2019)
    supernovagirl

JimmyIymmiJ and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

14. figureitout

Regular

I'm in Palm Bay. Dreading having to go out and get a few things tomorrow 'cause it was already crazy out yesterday.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. supernovagirl

Well, I hope everyone stays safe. There are still a few days so it still has time to turn & weaken! I remain optimistically hopeful.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Didn’t realize there was a Florida thread on here. My wife and I are supposed to be vacationing to St. Pete on Sept. 12. We fly into Tampa.

First and foremost, I hope everyone stays safe from the potential hurricane. Second...should we consider canceling? Or is Tampa safe considering it’s more on the west end of Florida...and it’s still 12 days away.

Hoping for the best for everyone down there. Hopefully it misses or dies down.

17. supernovagirl

I think you’ll be pretty much good at that point. But also hey that’s basically where I live!

Edited to add: I guess I should say I’m only assuming. Hurricanes are unpredictable but sknxs its so far out I’d just say wait another 4 days or so to make that assessment.

18. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah the hurricane will be totally gone by like, September 5th so you’re good

GrantCloud, ncarrab and supernovagirl like this.
  19. supernovagirl

Yeah and sometimes power is out for a few days after but not typically that long. Especially in an area not being directly hit

20. Mr. Serotonin

Last year when Michael hit it fuckin sucked cause my power was out for one day, came on the next, but then it just fuckin tricked us cause we bought stuff, came home and it was out again for 7 days :crylaugh:

supernovagirl likes this.
  21. supernovagirl

Oh damn! That’s a long time. After Irma I didn’t have power for 2 or 3 days but some local areas did so I spent one of the nights in a hotel bc I’m baby.
    I’d be so bored and hot without power for 7 days lol

JimmyIymmiJ and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah I just came up with dumb ass games and drank and smoked haha

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cait was talking about Michael, my memory sucks dude I don't even remember that hurricane last year

24. Mr. Serotonin

Wow “you don’t remember any of my trials and tribulations” cool man thanks

Just lemme do some Deca off your back

oldjersey likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

yw dude

Looks like all of us are gonna avoid at least a real devestating part, storm wont even technically land on florida as of now.

angrycandy and Mr. Serotonin like this.