Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 12

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Hope everyone stays safe. Looking forward to moving to Florida in two weeks!

Dirty Sanchez and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  2. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Yeah, me too. The 11pm update really bummed me out. The meteorologists looked scared. That can't be good.

Dirty Sanchez and DisloyalOrder like this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

They were showing off the storm surge on weather channel. It's going to engulf houses in their entirety on some coasts.

4. JimmyIymmiJ

Yep. My zone hasn't evacuated so we've been waiting it out and watching, but I'm in Tampa Bay and if this current trend stays we are going to get destroyed. Quite possibly literally. We have things ready to go in the event the forecast turned, and at this point I think we're finally going to do just that tomorrow.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Born and raised in Tampa, but live in Tennessee now. Been sick to my stomach all day thinking about this storm and the people I grew up with and my grandparents. Stay safe everyone.

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

im in tampa bay, too. I'm scared to leave and get stuck somewhere (hotels being booked, gas being scarce, traffic being horrendous)

Dirty Sanchez and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

We had friends drive to our house in Knoxville today. A ten hour drive took 19.5 hours. They got gas in Valdosta if you can make it over the Georgia border.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. JimmyIymmiJ

Me too. We've had a hotel booked for a while so we're good in that department, but the gas is my concern. We filled up today, but with traffic being as bad as it's been I'm not sure how far it will get us. I figure the current projections aren't calling it to hit us until late Sunday so if I leave tomorrow I can be out of there in plenty of time. My biggest fear is getting stuck somewhere.

9. eight30

Regular

Yes yes yes. I'm in Orlando so I'm thinking we'll be fine but the projected path has changed too many damn times idk what to feel!

Stay safe everyone and report in if you can!

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Our Fort Myers house is in Zone C (16 ft above SL) - so far no evacuations - apparently the houses were built to withstand 180 mph winds, so fingers crossed on that. Parents are pretty far inland in Venice, so they should be okay. My wife's uncle is in Cape Coral though and they get flooding during normal thunderstorms, so really worried about them.

11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I hope you decided to go.
    Everything I've seen suggests that smaller roads (not the interstate) are not over crowded. Gas is still tricky but with using the gas buddy app it is doable. Honestly if I had a place to stay I would go. I don't have the money for a place (and everywheres totally booked by now) and I also don't have gas money in general. So I have to stay put. I just really wish I could board up my windows but plywood is nowhere to be found. plus I don't know how.. hahah

12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I'm leaving

13. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I'm extremely lucky that my section of Lake Worth is not in the evacuation or flood zones and that my brother managed to come home with his important stuff from Orlando just in time.

Stay safe, everyone.

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Staying in Sarasota but moving a bit further inland, even though my apartment is in zone D. Echoing other thoughts, be as safe as possible y'all.

15. Drew Baldy

Trusted

If this thing rides up the coast with the eye right off the land and turns towards the big bend area almost all of Florida will be demolished.

I live in the panhandle and it has literally gone from almost no chance of anything touching my city to a tropical storm warning within like a 12 hour period. This is terrifying

16. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

My dad and other family are still in Port St Lucie riding it out.

My thoughts are with you all!

Mr. Serotonin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I went to Bristol instead of Tallahassee. Hope ya'll stay safe!

18. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Well we've had two tornados down the street so far. This is fun. I'm not anxious at all. Does sarcasm translate on here?

19. eight30

Regular

How's everyone doing? I think the worst of it is almost past me here.

20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Survived so far. Had some close encounters with tornados and I haven't been able to get drunk worth the life of me. The afternoon is going to be weird seeing how much of everything is destroyed. Definitely worse than Matthew though. I'm interested to see if my apartment is still there and if my job is still there. I hate living on the coast sometimes.

21. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Safe here. Some really really strong winds and rain, but no damage to my place. Rest of Miami isn't looking so good unfortunately, but it could have been far worse.

22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm trying to go to bed but it's still roaring outside. Most of Daytona is heavily flooded. I'm just looking at everything online.

23. angrycandy

how is everyone this morning?

24. angrycandy

you'd barely know there's even a hurricane in Pensacola. hope everyone is staying safe!

Mr. Serotonin and nl5011 like this.
  25. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Glad you were able to get outta dodge

angrycandy likes this.