Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jdaniels

Regular

Tickets. Obviously I need to get park to park but I didn't know if one website was better deal than the other. 180 seems to be going rate for one.

2. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Ah. I've never bought my tickets outside of the official source. Keep in mind that prices will vary depending on the date you go (off-season or peak). The Universal website shows you the calendar of peak and value dates.

3. Jdaniels

Regular

Decided against Disney but I'm gonna order the bride and groom mouse ears anyway

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My avatar says go to Epcot next time

nl5011 likes this.
  5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea if your 21+ then Epcot is a blast.

6. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

We bought Disney passes this year and Epcot is easily my favorite of the parks, even without drinking around the world. It's the only park that doesn't give me panic attacks with the sheer amount of people.

7. Jdaniels

Regular

Really? Universal just looks more fun/photo op, we weren't staying on either park hotel so drinking isn't high on the list.

8. JimmyIymmiJ

Universal is great too. The Harry Potter section is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen in a theme park. Make sure you do the park hopper ticket though because the train between the two was really cool.

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. JimmyIymmiJ

I missed the original post about it being your honeymoon. I love Epcot, but I would agree that Universal would be a better overall experience for that.

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. Jdaniels

Regular

Ugh it's apparently cheaper by $100 to do epcot and magic kingdom than to do one day of universal park to park. Which is more crowded//I guess more honeymoon ish is epcot.

11. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Magic Kingdom is always the most crowded. Epcot is the least crowded from those.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  12. JimmyIymmiJ

Magic Kingdom is always packed, but it's really cool. Definitely some excellent photo ops there.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Heading to Miami in a few weeks. I'll be there for 5 days. Any suggestions on things to check out or places to go? I've been before and visited South Beach, Little Havana, Everglades and a few other random places.

14. Matthew

Regular

Wynwood is great if you're into art, also love the Perez museum.

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Awesome, thanks! One of the breweries I'm stopping at (J. Wakefield) is in Wynwood so I'll def have to check out the area. And I'll look into the museum too.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  16. JimmyIymmiJ

Wakefield was going to be my answer, but you already have that covered.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha nice. I hear nothing but great things, I'm super amped to check it out! Any other breweries in close proximity that are worth the trip?

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  18. JimmyIymmiJ

I had quite a few things by them last week and they were all great. My wife and I need to make the trip down there at some point. Others I know that are good from South Florida are MIA, Funky Buddha, and Barrel of Monks, but I'm pretty sure they all cover a lot of ground and aren't quite in Miami so it depends on how far you want to travel. Civil Society is supposed to be great as well, but it's a bit further in Jupiter.

19. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea MIA is super good!

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  20. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sweet, I appreciate the recs! I make it a point to visit the best breweries I can find whenever I travel. I'll have to see how far they all are from my hotel but if they're somewhat close, I'm def making the trip.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  21. satelliteskin

ok

I second Wynwood. There are some pretty great bars, restaurants, and galleries. While you're there, you can check out Wynwood Brewing Co -- it's small but it's cool. Funky Buddha is not in Miami, but it's also worth it and it's not terribly far.

It's in the Keys, but a snorkeling tour to John Pennekamp State Park is always fun.

Also, eat all the food (Cuban, specifically) you can. I'm originally from Miami and hands down my favorite thing about the city is the food/restaurants.

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

LOL funny you say that, I went to Miami last year and my favorite part was trying all of the different foods. Little Havana was like opening a treasure chest of incredible cuban food. I'll look into the breweries you mentioned as well. Thanks for the rec!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. JimmyIymmiJ

Been a while since this thread had any activity, but good luck everyone. It's going to be an interesting couple of days.

nl5011 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I fluctuate wildly between panic attacks and being super chill about it all.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  25. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait for this to be over with.

Dirty Sanchez and JimmyIymmiJ like this.