Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Project (Sean Baker, October 6,2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Just curious about some of the stuff you think should have been cut, if you remember?

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Wanted to watch this but decided to check out Tangerine first and fuck me for sleeping on it for so long

3. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This movie killed me. SO fucking real and good.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah, when I watched it for a second time, it hit me ever harder than it did in the theatre. The final scene (before the final scene) is one of the most heartbreaking things I’ve ever seen in a movie. Man, did I love spending time with these characters

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to watch this again.

Brent, Lucas27 and Kellan like this.
  6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Watched this tonight and was floored by it. Loved every minute.

7. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Zilla, OhTheWater and riotspray like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

moving to netflix sometime early next month

OhTheWater and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah. One of the best of the decade.

Lucas27 likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

It is still weird driving past all of those landmarks on a regular basis. Most people don't know anything about Orlando outside of the theme parks.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I just wanted to inform those who care that I'm deep in development on my next film. So I'll only be logging for the time being. Not adding any info or replying to comments. But thank you for following me on this platform. It's been fun to connect with fellow film lovers. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Support the theaters when they open! Stay safe! :)

A ★ review of The Florida Project (2017)

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yaaaaaay. really love this and Tangerine. Can't wait to see what he does next.

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I really enjoyed this but not sure how I feel about the ending. I get what he was going for but I’m not entirely sure it worked.

Slangster and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. Pseudo!

Regular

I love the ending, a beautiful fantasy of a childhood that poor girl (and others like her) will never have

domotime2 and TJ Wells like this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Finally watched this for the first time the other week & just absolutely adored it. So beautiful, both inspite of & because of its heartbreaking honesty. Been thinking about watching it again. Still gotta watch Tangerine, too.

I had seen people talk about the ending, so I was ready for it & more or less liked it, though I get how it'd be jarring.

SpyKi and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

...Simon Rex

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

how is this not Harmony Korine haha

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

did simon rex do something terrible

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no I don't think so just a white rapper who was in Scary Movie is an interesting choice but so was Stephen Dorff in Somewhere

21. Lucas27

Trusted

So was a random Instagrammer down in Miami for The Florida Project but look how that turned out.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Not directly it was more that it’s a wild choice. He does still associate with Riff Raff though

23. soggytime

Trusted

This does truly sound like it could be Harmony Korine's next film lol (also i like Kornie's florida trash films) but I'm excited. I LOVED Tangerine & The Florida Project.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Sounds awesome! Tangerine and The Florida Project are amazing. It’ll be cool to see Simon Rex in a big role again, dude was great in Scary Movie 3 and What I Like About You

25. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Watched last night. Brilliant brilliant movie. You can't look away.

Loved the ending. I thought it was perfect and holy fucking hell at Moonies acting at the end. I don't remember the last time I watched a scene and said out loud, "what an actress wow"

SpyKi, Pseudo!, Lucas27 and 1 other person like this.