Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Florida Project (Sean Baker, October 6,2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 14, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really enjoyed the ending, regardless of which way you interpret it

Zilla, Fronnyfron and suicidesaints like this.
  2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

There are a lot of words I would use to describe the ending of this film, but jarring is not one of them. Definitely in my top 5 of 2017

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Idk, jarring is a pretty fitting turn. Just stylistically speaking, the ending is a pretty huge contrast to the deliberate style of the rest of the film.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. The ending elevates the movie for me. Even though it literally had to be filmed that way given the circumstance, the stylistic change fits within my interpretation of what that ending is as well.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Fronnyfron like this.
  5. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

That is true. To me, jarring means shocking or something that causes stress. But I guess that's the extreme way of thinking of the term. Language can be too broad for its own good

brandon_260 likes this.
  6. On Amazon Prime now

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Netflix Canada too

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Great movie except the ending.

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Ending is essential, feel v strongly about this

suicidesaints, Aregala, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

How I feel about this

suicidesaints and Joel like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Ending is trash, feel v strongly about this

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is the new “spring breakers is bad” for me to trust you on the site

13. Dog with a Blog

Then I think I’m 0/2 haha. The thing is, unlike a lot of people who disliked Spring Breakers, I knew exactly what I was getting into and I still was pretty underwhelmed. Didn’t think it was bad, didn’t think it was great, just thought it was fine. Looked great though. My favorite story is from the last theater that I worked at where this dumbass dad brought his two young teenage girls to watch Spring Breakers and literally came out of there running not long after it started :crylaugh:

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I loved spring breakers so does that mean I shouldn't trust you dog

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine not liking Spring Breakers

Not a slight at dog

16. Dog with a Blog

I didn’t dislike it! Just don’t get all the praise tbh

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Not a

Star

Slight

Joel, suicidesaints and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I have to say, as much as I loved this movie, I think Sean needs to work on his editing skills. He was able to derive phenomenal performances across the board, was able to get the right cinematographer in place to make this gorgeous, but the pacing for some of this was a bit off. The ending shift is fantastic, but would have been much more effective if he was able to cut this down by around 20 minutes.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I still need to see Spring Breakers tho

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This movie really solified the Willem Dafriend meme.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Florida Project (including the ending) and Spring Breakers are legit in the top 10 of the last decade.

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Willem knocking the soda out of that dude’s hand is one of the funniest things I saw all year

Brent and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Man, I loved this. I really lost it when everything hit the fan in the last ten minutes. Although, my favorite moment in the whole movie was when the kids are exploring and Mooney randomly asks Scooty to marry her and he says "Not right now" and she goes right on saying "You may kiss the bride!" and he playfully snaps back "I said not right now!" I laughed so hard. Such a funny, realistic exchange. It's those innocent little moments that made this so great.

By the way, I used to run over to my best friend's house and we'd go have adventures whenever tensions would rise at home. The final scene (fantasy or not) perfectly describes that feeling for me. It felt so familiar it didn't even seem jarring.

sawhney[rusted]2 and CarpetElf like this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally got to watch this tonight. I liked it quite a bit. Hilarious and sad. I didn't hate the ending, but I definitely didn't like it.

25. This was excellent. No problems with the ending at all.

Dinosaurs Dish and Brent like this.