Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flatliners Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Oct 26, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Happy 10th birthday Cavalcade!

2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Really loving all these songs

KidLightning likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I thought you were going to post this as it popped up in my release radar today lol

4. MattNCheeze

Trusted

no but that is really funny and actually the music ain't that bad

5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Some interesting covers on here.

6. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I was very disappointed when I realized that Doc James thing wasn't new music from these guys. Good discovery though because I kind of dig the album hah.

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Finally got Cavalcade and Dead Language on vinyl and by god they are both incredible albums.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly what a fucking run Great Awake, Cavalcade and Dead Language is

xmilesross and MexicanGuitars like this.
  9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

have been debating grabbing a colored variant of great awake and dead language since I got the cavalcade repress

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the Flats are back! Something is apparently dropping on Friday at midnight according to the countdown here.

Fat Wreck sent out an e-mail tonight with the subject "COMING SOON!" and a link to the site above. The image in the e-mail said "Performative Hours" on a sign with hours of operation listed (12am-12am daily LOL). And the words "Burn it all down" at the bottom.

Guessing "Performative Hours" is the new album title and "Burnt It All Down" is the lead single?

Stoked for new Flatliners and double-stoked that they're back on Fat! I was just thinking the other day that it had been a relatively drab year for that label in terms of new releases...

11. Phantom Mountain

Transgender Princess

I miss them, so I'm very excited. Chris's song on the latest HWM album was fantastic.

12. Kylee

Regular

I legit geeked out last night when I saw that email from Fat. It was pretty cryptic except for the little Flats symbol in the bottom right - and obviously you can figure it out once you click on the link and get to the website.

Hopefully this means they will sound more punk and aggressive than what Inviting Light sounded like. I'm so excited!

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

friday night seems like a weird time to post a single but a baller time to post your whole album.....just saying

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't wait, stoked their back on Fat! Whole album dropping would be epic

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

really excited for this esp coming off that great hot water music LP that it sounds like chris was the driving force behind

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Love the artwork

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

very cool art

18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

feels like a revamp/contiunuation of their debut, so cool

I felt kinda let down by the other two fast bands that I love that take forever to put out music and did this year (A wilhelm scream, no trigger) so I am uhhhhh really hoping this delivers.

adamlikesdogs likes this.
  19. razorburn

Trusted

That No Trigger single was bad.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

there's a whole EP. Honestly think it's pretty enjoyable overall, but not I get the complaints

21. Elder Lightning

What let you down about AWS? That album absolutely rips.

Phantom Mountain likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

It's not a bad album, I just really do not like the dualing vocals/how they choose to sing and production on the vocals AT ALL. It's so different from the other AWS records and I dont think its very good

Elder Lightning likes this.
  23. Elder Lightning

Hmm I love the dual vocals and don't hear any issues with the production.

Phantom Mountain likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I dig AWS album, No Trigger is catchy and I would probably like it more if it was a different band but I'm not sure if I like the direction they went either

25. abear182

Regular

I like the last 2 songs on the No Trigger EP very much.

I am hoping the album out in August goes the same way.