Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flatliners Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Oct 26, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoa. Super glad I checked this out, this is by far the best record I've heard from them.

cubsml34, Joe4th and KidLightning like this.
  2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

most of the bands in their niche seem to either get huge, make a slew of identically sounding records, or stop making records after one slower one

this band made two after dead language, which is an anomaly, but not in a bad way

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I really like the first half, second half is still lukewarm for me. Feels very 2000s Foo Fighter ish, which I'm not sure how I feel about yet lol

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

First half of the record, minus Wedding Speech is much better imo than the second half.

5. HueyLewis

Regular

This is their first LP since Dead Language.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

huh

never mind then, I don't know why I thought they had two

7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

No Roads is such a great closer. After 4-5 listens I've grown to really love this album.

KidLightning likes this.
  8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They put out a b-sides compilation in 2015, Division of Spoils.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

not digging this record unfortunately. they definitely took a step backwards

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love this album!

11. MexicanGuitars

Can confirm this records improves when driving around in beautiful weather

JBoch likes this.
  12. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I can back up this opinion

cubsml34 likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm on board with this fully now, the last two songs are pretty weak though. Still my least favorite album by them but some solid jams on here

Hopefully there's a bunch of b-sides for this one. I'm sure a lot of older sounding songs were cut

14. HueyLewis

Regular

Is anyone still jamming to this record? I've still got it in heavy rotation.

JBoch, cubsml34 and JRGComedy like this.
  15. MexicanGuitars

Yeah I've come around a lot to this in recent weeks. Still think the first half is stronger but overall it really complements Cavalcade and Dead Language nicely.

HueyLewis and JRGComedy like this.
  16. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I need to get back on this but too busy with 68, smidley and Paramore to have time for it

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yep I just saw them last week too. New songs were killer live, although we only got 3.

I think the only song I don't like is Chameleon Skin. And I've found a huge amount of love for Unconditional Love. That long "Yeah" he lets out near the end is fucking awesome.

Just got the vinyl as well

HueyLewis likes this.
  18. HueyLewis

Regular

I've definitely grown to enjoy Chameleon Skin and Unconditional Love. I'll agree the first half is better than the second. Nicotine Lips - Indoors - Hunan Party Trick is a killer 3 song stretch. I'm pretty confident that I like this more than Dead Language. What were the 3 new songs they played?

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Human Party Trick, Indoors & Hang My Head

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I still come back to this a ton, it's such an enjoyable listen.

This along with this year's albums from The Menzingers, Captain, We're Sinking, and Rise Against make a great 4-album run. That would also be a killer tour lineup.

21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

They were in Seattle a week ago, I had a ticket, and had to bail last minute b/c my dog unexpectedly had to have minor surgery that morning. Bummed I missed 'em, but I love my dog soooo

KidLightning likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt Aug 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think they are coming back through fairly soon. It's early October I wanna say.

Edit: I was thinking The Menzingers, not The Flats. Carry on.

KidLightning likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Chris has a guest spot on the new Comeback Kid album.. Pretty cool

KidLightning likes this.
  24. MexicanGuitars

KidLightning likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope they do some US shows for that album. Or at least play it in full at Fest

I can't say it's better than Cavalcade but it's pretty damn close and was my introduction to them