Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flash (CW) TV Show • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

2. failinginplace

Regular

Eric Wilson likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Same! I'm going to have to go through a Smallville re-watch soon. One of my favorite shows. Super excited about this.

4. Next Tues.

Raku likes this.
  5. meggers

Trusted

6. failinginplace

Regular

Raku and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  7. Stories like this frustrate me. I’m not exactly clear about how recent some of these tweets were (maybe 4 years ago or more?) but is firing that person the correct course of action?

I’m going to be 100% straightforward in that I’m a straight white male from a middle class family - and I do my best to recognize the privilege I have and the experiences I haven’t had to endure as a result of who I am.

That said - is there any tolerance for giving a person the opportunity to learn from their mistakes? From what I can gather these were older statements and I for one will absolutely admit that I’ve said some really really stupid stuff in my younger days.

I don’t see how these types of reactions serve to bring people together.

I’m sure this conversation has been held many times so I’m honestly sorry if I’m missing something- and in the most genuine way possible please share some insight as to how I could view this situation through a more appropriate lens.

I am honestly trying to calibrate my own “knee-jerk” reaction against what may be a more reasonable viewpoint.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Given how this just. keeps. happening. one would think these film and television studios would start learning to deeply investigate their prospective actors' social media accounts before hiring them so they can, you know, not hire them in the first place.

Oh well, guess it's going to just keep on happening.

Raku and failinginplace like this.
  9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

People are nuts, why would you ever post that type of stuff on social media. Even if it was years ago and you're younger. Idk.

Raku likes this.
  10. Raku

Regular

One would think after the whole James Gunn fiasco, or countless other times past tweets and/or (other) social posts that came back to haunt people that those with roles would do everything in their power to make sure they aren't "cancelled" like this.

Just go back and delete your stuff, or don't even post said garbage stuff in the first place. And if need be, probably hire someone to go through your history for questionable stuff.

That being said I have mix feelings on this situation.

billyboatman likes this.
  11. meggers

Trusted

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I genuinely can’t get over how bad the writing in this is. The latest episode is one of the worst yet.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  13. failinginplace

Regular

I haven't seen this weeks yet but so far this season (or the continuation of last season) has been pretty horrible. I think they have run out of plotlines they want to focus on and dont know their way. the dialogue is so awful. at this point i think we watch it just to finish it. or maybe in hopes that it embraces the chaos and if they cant get away from cheesy at least go nuts like the end of smallville (as bizarre as it was)

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Somehow, Smallville still has a more start-to-finish solid run than any of the Arrowverse shows. Wouldn’t have called that.

Jusscali, TSLROCKS and Nick like this.
  15. failinginplace

Regular

yeah at the end when they were going full doomsday and darkseid it may have been executed in a bad way but i appreciate that they were like "fuck it let's get weird"

Craig Manning likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

i just appreciated how often people got impaled by something on that show.

failinginplace likes this.
  17. I got my girlfriend to watch this finally since she enjoyed Smallville back in the day and I haven't rewatched any season until now.

Man, the quality of the first couple of seasons is crazy compared to how it is now. It really goes downhill when they focus on Iris wayyy too much. I haven't watched any of the new season yet but from what I heard (also here) it's been so bad. I hope season 8 is the last, or they figure out something new.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s very Iris based the last few episodes. It’s shocking they’ve gotten 8 seasons in and haven’t realised Barry and Iris have absolutely no chemistry together.

Raku and scottlechowicz like this.
  19. Ugh, what a shame. Seriously! We're on season 2 now and the chemistry with him and Patty was WAY better. I'm sure that's because the actress can actually act, but damn the difference is crazy. Even the chemistry with Felicity was better. Of course, no arrowverse show has really nailed any romance too well in general. I couldn't keep watching Arrow because of Oliver and Felicity.

Raku likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think Iris’ actress can act. She’s just not a very good pairing with Barry.

21. failinginplace

Regular

i LOVED the actress that played Patty. Hey she can come back now since she's off The Boys :P

Raku likes this.
  22. She is absolutely killing it on For All Mankind

failinginplace likes this.
  23. meggers

Trusted

24. failinginplace

Regular

Nick likes this.
  25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Only thing I know about that actor is that he has an emote in Fortnite lol